Post-baccalaureate Certificate in Bilingual SLP
Are you bilingual and studying SLP at TWU? Enhance your degree with a Certificate in Bilingual SLP.
- Study communication disorders and assessment and intervention strategies to help English language learners become successful communicators
- Small classes with bilingual, accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Combines with an MS in Speech-Language Pathology
- Includes practicum opportunities
- 100% online courses
- Meet employer expectations as a highly qualified SLP with coursework and supervised experiences in evidence-based practice providing services to English language learners
In this certificate program you will complete 12 semester credit hours, with:
- Nine semester credit hours (five classes) of academic coursework focused on multicultural issues related to speech-language pathology
- Three semester credit hours (75 clock hours) of a clinical practicum experience assessing and treating English language learners under the supervision of a bilingual ASHA certified SLP
You must successfully pass a case study examination at the end of the program and earn grades of A or B in all classes.
A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog.
- Pass a language proficiency test in a language other than English in all four domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Accepted to or currently enrolled in the TWU master's of speech-language pathology program
For questions contact
Bita Payesteh, PhD, CCC-SLP
Catherine Lynch, MS, CCC-SLP
Assistant Clinical Professor
Page last updated 9:47 AM, April 9, 2020