Post-bacc Certificate in Multicultural and Diversity Studies for the SLP
Do you want additional knowledge and experience working with diverse populations and are studying SLP at TWU? Enhance your degree with a Certificate in Multicultural and Diversity Studies.
- Study the intersection of communication disorders and cultural and linguistic diversity
- Develop leadership and advocacy skills
- Combines with an MS in Speech-Language Pathology
- Includes practicum opportunities
- 100% online courses
- Variety of courses to choose from based on area of interest
In this certificate program you will complete 12 semester credit hours, with:
- Nine semester credit hours (four classes) of academic coursework focused on multiculturalism and diversity
- Three semester credit hours (75 clock hours) of a clinical practicum experience assessing and treating culturally and linguistically diverse individuals
You must successfully pass a portfolio examination at the end of the program and earn grades of A or B in all classes.
A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog.
- Accepted to or currently enrolled in the TWU master's of speech-language pathology program
For questions contact
Bita Payesteh, PhD, CCC-SLP
Page last updated 11:07 AM, March 16, 2022