Center for Student Leadership
A program of the Jane Nelson Institute for Women’s Leadership
Learn. Lead. Succeed.
Are you looking to develop your leadership skills? Are you interested in learning how to boldly lead?
The Center for Student Leadership prepares exceptional student leaders through:
- Educational Programs
- Leadership Development Opportunities
Did you know?
- Only 10.4% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women.
– Source: "25 Women In Leadership Statistics : Facts On The Gender Gap In Corporate And Political Leadership" Zippia.com.
- Women hold 23% of executive positions, 29% of senior management positions, 37% of manager positions, 42% of professional positions, and 47% of support staff positions globally.
– Source: Catalyst
- “For every 100 men promoted from entry level to manager, only 87 women are promoted, and only 82 women of color are promoted.”
– Source: Women in the Workforce 2022, LeanIn.Org and McKinsey, 2022
- “In the health sector, women represent 71% of the global workforce, and 59% of all medical, biomedical and health science degree graduates. However, the “leaky pipeline” persists, with lower participation of women in leadership, relative to their proportion in the workforce.”
– Sources: Forbes Business Development Council
- According to recent JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) research study, “Only 15.3% of the CEO roles in health systems and only 15.8% of the CEO positions in health insurance groups were held by women.” The study also found that among Board of Directors and senior executive teams in both health systems and health insurance groups, approximately 20% to 50% of leadership positions were filled by women.”
– Source: Representation of Women in the Leadership Structure of the US Health Care System
Upcoming events See All Events
News and successes More news & events
Page last updated 11:45 AM, July 20, 2023