Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship
The post-master’s Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship provides the knowledge and skills to be competent in practicing evidence-based librarianship in the health profession. The curriculum consists of the fundamental knowledge of library science and focuses on resources and services in health science librarianship, with a capstone practicum in a health science library or information center. The Graduate Certificate program is available entirely online.
The Graduate Certificate is for those interested in becoming:
- a health science librarian
- a manager in a health science or nursing facility
- an evidence-based practicing professional in a health science or nursing facility
- a faculty member in health science librarianship
Total hours: 21 for those without the MLS degree; 12 for those holding the MLS
For students with a master’s degree, a Certificate of Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship is awarded when the student completes all course requirements for the certificate program. For students pursuing a master’s degree concurrently, the certificate is awarded after the student completes all requirements for the graduate degree.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Admission to the Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship
Preferred Application Deadlines
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- Applicants for the certificate program must meet one of the following two conditions:
- Possession of a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral) in a discipline in Nursing, Health Sciences, or Library Science; OR
- Admission to a graduate degree program in the TWU College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, or School of Library and Information Studies.
The requirements below are suspended for Summer and Fall 2021 admission cycle.
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have a previous graduate degree.
- If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree at a foreign institution or whose U.S. undergraduate transcript does not provide a cumulative GPA are required to submit standardized test scores. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or email@example.com.
For More Information
For questions about the Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship program, please contact Dr. Carol Perryman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2612.
U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
Page last updated 2:06 PM, March 18, 2021