Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship
The post-master’s Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship provides the knowledge and skills to be competent in practicing evidence-based librarianship in the health profession. The curriculum consists of the fundamental knowledge of library science and focuses on resources and services in health science librarianship, with a capstone practicum in a health science library or information center. The Graduate Certificate program is available entirely online.
The Graduate Certificate is for those interested in becoming:
- a health science librarian
- a manager in a health science or nursing facility
- an evidence-based practicing professional in a health science or nursing facility
- a faculty member in health science librarianship
Total hours: 21 for those without the MLS degree; 12 for those holding the MLS
For students with a master’s degree, a Certificate of Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship is awarded when the student completes all course requirements for the certificate program. For students pursuing a master’s degree concurrently, the certificate is awarded after the student completes all requirements for the graduate degree.
See the Courses section for additional information.
Admission to the Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship
Preferred Application Deadlines
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- Applicants for the certificate program must meet one of the following two conditions:
- Possession of a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral) in a discipline in Nursing, Health Sciences, or Library Science; OR
- Admission to a graduate degree program in the TWU College of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, or School of Library and Information Studies.
- Completed bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency, or an equivalent degree from a foreign college or university.
- Applicants with GPA below 3.0, who meet the Graduate Schol minimum requirement, may be considered for admission review on a case by case basis.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or email@example.com.
For More Information
For questions about the Graduate Certificate in Evidence-Based Health Science Librarianship program, please contact Dr. Carol Perryman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2612.
U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
Page last updated 9:59 AM, April 22, 2022