Student Internship Financial Support Program
The Student Internship Financial Support Program (funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board) is designed to provide financial support for students at TWU who are completing an unpaid internship off-campus. This program is currently offered during the spring 2022 and summer 2022 semesters. Students must be enrolled for the semester in which they are completing their unpaid internship.
Students selected for this program will receive financial support for completing an unpaid internship. Students will be compensated anywhere between a minimum of $20 per hour and a maximum of $30 per hour according to the Texas Workforce Development Toolkit, in collaboration with Brookings Institution.
Maximum amount of funding the student can receive per internship is $3,000.00. If a student is receiving additional funding for their internship, that amount will be deducted from the maximum amount that can be received.
Students will need to meet the minimum of 8 weeks and 96 total hours of an internship experience. For the purposes of this grant program, internships are not synonymous with coops, practicums, clinicals, and/or student teaching.
To qualify for this program, student:
- Must be a student at Texas Woman’s University.
- Must be enrolled for the semester in which they are completing their unpaid internship.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours at TWU.
- Must complete a minimum of 8 weeks and 96 total hours of an internship experience.
- Must be currently completing an off-campus unpaid internship. The internship activity may not be political or sectarian and cannot be more than 25% administrative work.
- Must be completing the internship in the state of Texas.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Program applications have now closed. As of now, there is no additional funding available. If we receive additional funding for the fall semester, we will send out an announcement to students.
Students that are accepted are required to attend a program orientation, and will not begin to receive funding for their unpaid internship until they attend. Program orientations will be offered weekly — virtually and in-person. Once the student applies, they will be contacted to sign-up for an orientation time and date.
Program orientation dates and times:
- Weekly on Tuesdays, from 11:00am – 11:30am in-person (Pioneer Center #221)
- Weekly on Fridays, from 11:00am – 11:30am via Zoom
If a student is not able to attend one of the sessions above, they are responsible for contacting the Internships Office and scheduling an individual appointment.
For more information or questions, please contact:
All funding is provided from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board through the work-based learning opportunities grant.
Page last updated 8:10 AM, May 13, 2022