Academic Internship Credit
Completing an internship for academic credit is a great way to earn an elective credit or fulfilling a degree requirement while getting meaningful experiences and transferable skills.
Undergraduate or graduate students who wish to earn academic credit must receive approval from your academic department in order to register for the internship course.
Internship courses are overseen by a faculty instructor in your department.
To receive academic course credit for your internship, follow the steps below before registering for the Internship/ Cooperative Education course:
- Make sure you have your internship experience secured for the following semester. If you need assistance with finding or applying for an internship, please schedule an internship advising appointment.
- Log in to Handshake and follow the instructions below to download the course registration approval form:
- Select Career Center on the top right
- Choose the Resources box
- Search for Academic Internship Forms
- Download the Course Registration Approval Form
- Obtain approval from your academic department and/or Faculty Internship Advisor.
- Register for the Internship/ Co-op course to ensure you receive academic credit. Your Faculty Internship Advisor will give you the course code to register.
- Once you are registered for the course, during the first week of the semester you will receive an email from the Office of Internships & Experiential Learning for instructions on submitting forms and assignments. If you do not hear from them, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Once you are registered for your internship course, you will receive assignments from the Internships Office. Assignments and forms will not be accepted or considered on-time without appropriate signatures.
- Course Registration Approval Form
- Guidelines and Agreement
- Learning Objectives
- Internship Hours
- Internship Final Report
Additional assignments may be required by your internship professor. Grades will be administered upon completion of the Internship and successful completion of all assignments.
The Internships & Experiential Learning Office will send these to your supervisor.
- Midterm Evaluation
- Final Evaluation
Internship assignment due dates
- Assignment #1: Friday, January 27, 2023
- Assignment #2: Friday, May 5, 2023
- Assignment #1: Friday, June 16, 2023
- Assignment #2: Friday, August 4, 2023
- Assignment #1: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Assignment #2: Friday, December 8, 2023
If you are unable to locate or access the internship course registration approval form, need more information, or have questions, please contact Juan E. Armijo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 12:58 PM, February 1, 2023