Job Description Examples
If you are in the beginning stages of designing your internship program at your organization, one of the first things needed is a job description for your internship postings. Please feel free to use the examples below to guide you as you create your internship program.
Internship Job Description Example #1
Company Name: ABC Company
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Length: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Wages: $12 an hour
About the Organization:
ABC Company is a medium sized (50-60 employees), family-owned business located in Denton, Texas that provides financial services to the community.
This position is responsible for executing a variety of social media tactics, internal and externa communications, written content, video development, research and reporting.
- Utilize all social media channels to engage with community
- Represent brand on social media platforms through both written and visual context
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to serve as a contributor to the social media editorial calendar and update on a monthly basis
- Assist with the development and execution of social media campaigns, contests and activities that support traditional marketing and communications efforts
- Conduct research needed for assigned public relations, content marketing, social media projects, and written assignments
- 3.2 GPA
- All majors welcome, but Marketing, English, Communication, and Graphic Design preferred
- Juniors and seniors, graduation date no later than December 2022.
Communications Coordinator, email@example.com
Internship Job Description Example #2
Company Name: XYZ Company
Job Title: Case Management Intern
Length: Part-time, 15-20 hours a week
About the Organization:
XYZ, Incorporated is a non-profit organization located in Denton, Texas that works to advocate for refugees, by providing social services and family and youth education programs.
The Case Management Intern will gain an opportunity to learn about the various services caseworkers provide to newly arrived refugees.
- Assist with pre-arrival preparation such as purchasing food and delivering supplies for refugees
- Transport clients and help them cash their checks, purchase new cell phones, and become oriented within the community
- Work with interpreters to ensure effective communication with clients
- Assist clients in applying for social security cards
- Assist caseworker team with case noting activities with clients, case filing, and supporting the team to complete various tasks
- No GPA requirement
- Social Work, Psychology, Family Studies, Child Development and Counseling majors recommended
- Must have completed 1 year of college
Volunteer Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 10:15 AM, March 16, 2021