Established in 2018, the Institute for Women's Leadership serves the State of Texas as a resource for scholarship and research. It includes an interactive learning environment for young Texans to learn about the woman suffrage movement and the contributions of women leaders to Texas' history. The Institute will:
- Provide a rich array of scholarship opportunities, lecture series, and be a focal point for research into the role of women in politics and public policy in the widest sense;
- Seek to increase the number of women in leadership positions and focus on developing women's leadership capacity;
- Serve as a repository for women who have been leaders in the areas of business, politics and public policy to donate their archives for future scholarship and exhibits;
- Become the focal point for the Texas Women's Hall of Fame, the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) National Archives, and other important collections; and
- Assist women who are current or prospective business owners with education and support, prepare students with the practical skills to reach their entrepreneurial goals; and facilitate research regarding the intersection of women and entrepreneurship.
Page last updated 2:38 PM, June 12, 2020