Master of Science in Informatics
Complete Coursework: 2 years* | Credit Hours: 36** | Format: Hybrid
TWU’s master of science degree in informatics is a brand-new program beginning in fall 2016. This interprofessional graduate degree allows students to tailor their education to their interests by offering an emphasis in clinical applications, data science/data analytics, health studies or community informatics. By earning an advanced degree in informatics, students will acquire the skills needed to gain the advantage in a competitive job market. As of 2014, 88% of professional data scientists have a master’s degree in a related field.
* Individual requirements may vary.
** 15 in computer science, 3 hours for a research tool, and 18 hours related to the program track chosen – data science, clinical applications, health studies, or community informatics.
Program of study for our master of science degree in informatics
Admission to the TWU Graduate School
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, most graduate programs have additional admission requirements that must be completed. These requirements can be found on each graduate program website. After acceptance, you will need to begin your program within one year, unless a deferral has been approved by the program.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
*Admission to the M.S. in Informatics
Dr. Don Edwards
No deadline - Rolling
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 credit hours
- Demonstrate skills and competencies in information and communication technology as evident in work experience or prior coursework.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School
- Collect and submit the following documents as separate pdf files in ONE email to email@example.com with the subject line (YOUR LAST NAME)-(YOUR FIRST NAME)-Informatics. Please attach all items as PDFs. You may also mail the materials to: TWU Math and Computer Science Graduate Program, P.O. Box 425886, Denton, TX 76204-5886.
- Statement of intent and career goals in informatics provided in an essay no longer than two pages.
- Two academic or professional references should submit letters of recommendation on institutional or organization letterhead to the department at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: TWU Math and Computer Science Graduate Program, P.O. Box 425886, Denton, TX 76204-5886.
Page last updated 11:44 AM, March 19, 2020