- Earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 24 months
- Flexible on-campus, online or hybrid course formats
- Affordable classes and access to scholarships and financial aid
- A supportive and diverse student community
- Opportunities to participate in study abroad, campus events and social activities
The degree today’s employers are looking for
In an ever-changing 21st century marketplace, employers are seeking graduates with well-rounded educational backgrounds.
- Gain marketable skills at an affordable price
- Learn to think creatively, critically and independently
- Gain a broad depth of knowledge in the areas of your choice
- Develop skills in leadership, critical thinking, presentation and problem solving
Build a curriculum that works for you
Whether you are a first time in college student, transfer student or working professional, we offer programming that fits your schedule, budget, personal interests and professional goals.
Our multidisciplinary degree program allows you to specialize in two or three of the following dynamic areas.
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Health Studies
- Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies
- Visual Arts
Our alumni have built successful careers by identifying a need within their current field or by discovering a passion for helping others. General studies graduates have gone on to lead rewarding careers as:
- Chief operating officers
- Customer care representatives
- Administrative assistants
Hear from our alumni
I absolutely love the general studies online degree program. It gave me the opportunity to study multiple fields and allowed the flexibility of taking online classes while working full-time and raising a family. — Kimberly Montgomery, BGS alumna
The general studies program allowed me to diversify my interests. Instead of a concentration in one discipline, I have chosen three. — Shirley Grantham, BGS alumna
How to apply
- Complete the undergraduate application to TWU online at applytexas.org and include the required application fee of $50.00. Specify the major as "Bachelor of General Studies" (Code 10102).
- Send official transcripts for each college and university attended to:
Office of Admissions Processing Texas Woman’s University P.O. Box 425649 Denton, Texas 76204
- Find out what to do after you have been accepted.
Page last updated 10:54 AM, February 28, 2019