How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online
- Apply online at GoApplyTexas.org
- Complete the ApplyTexas freshman application
- Only first-time dual credit students need to apply
- View the ApplyTexas Application Instructions for assistance
Step 2: Pay the nonrefundable application fee
- The $50 fee can be paid in the following ways:
- Credit card online through GoApplyTexas.org
- Certified check or money order payable to TWU sent by mail to Admissions Processing. Include the applicant’s full name and ID number.
- Cash (no personal checks) at the Bursar’s Office. After paying, bring your receipt to Admissions Processing (first floor of ADM. Construction will be occurring for several months in the ACT building. During this time, the Admissions Office is temporarily relocating to Brackenridge Hall, Room 120).
- Note: The application fee can be paid online but is the only method prior to submitting the application.
Step 3: Submit official TSI Scores to the Office of Admissions Processing. Also TSI Score Release Form (if applicable)
- The score release form gives TWU permission to retrieve official TSI scores from other in-state colleges and universities.
Step 4: Return a completed Dual Credit Permission Form to your high school counselor
- You must fill out a permission form for every academic year you take courses
- Student, parent and school official signatures give permission for enrollment into the Dual Credit Program
- Your high school counselor can also give you a permission form
Step 5: Submit a recent official high school transcript
Step 6: After acceptance every student must self-register each semester for their courses
The Go ApplyTexas application must be received by the following deadlines to be admitted into the TWU Dual Credit program:
- Fall Deadline — June 15th
- Spring Deadline — December 1st
Any applications received after the deadline will be processed for the following semester.
If you do not complete all parts of the application process, do not meet dual credit enrollment requirements or have a hold on your account for past due balances, you will not be eligible for enrollment. Allow 3–5 business days for processing of application and documents.
Page last updated 3:15 PM, November 30, 2022