How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online
- Complete the ApplyTexas freshman application at GoApplyTexas.org
- Only first-time dual credit students need to apply
- View the ApplyTexas Application Instructions for assistance
Step 2: Pay the nonrefundable application fee
- The $50 fee can be paid in the following ways:
- Credit card online through GoApplyTexas.org
- Send a certified check or money order payable to TWU and including the applicant’s full name and ID number, to:
Graduate Research Building, Room 220
301 Research Circle
Denton, TX 76204 (no Saturday delivery)
- TWU no longer accepts personal checks as payment for previously submitted applications.
- Pay in person at the Bursar’s Office (cash, certified check or money order) and bring your receipt to Office of Admissions Processing (second floor of the Graduate Research Building)
- Note: The application fee can be paid online but is the only method prior to submitting the application.
Step 3: Create Account
- Once you receive the email from TWU with your TWU ID number, create a Pioneer Portal account.
*This can also be done with your social security number
Step 4: Submit Scores
- Complete the TSI Score Release Form which permits TWU to retrieve official TSI scores from other in-state colleges and universities
- OR Submit TSI Waiver/ exemption scores to the Office of Admissions Processing
Step 5: Return a completed Dual Credit Permission Form to your high school counselor
- You must fill out a permission form for every academic year you take courses
- Student, parent/guardian and school official signatures permit enrollment into the Dual Credit Program
- Your high school counselor can also give you a permission form to fill out
Step 6: Submit a recent official high school transcript
Step 7: After acceptance every student must self-register each semester for their courses
The Go ApplyTexas application must be received by the following deadlines to be admitted into the TWU Dual Credit program:
- Fall Deadline — June 15th
- Spring Deadline — December 15th
Any applications received after the deadline will be processed for the following semester.
If you do not complete all parts of the application process, do not meet dual credit enrollment requirements or have a hold on your account for past due balances, you will not be eligible for enrollment. Allow 3–5 business days for processing of application and documents.
Page last updated 11:39 AM, September 27, 2023