Register with DSS
To begin the registration process, a student must:
- Complete the New Student Registration in myDSS.
- Detailed steps of registration are provided below.
- Submit documentation of your disability or disabilities.
- This can be done during the online registration process or during your first meeting with DSS staff.
- Schedule an appointment with a member of Disability Services staff.
Steps For New Students Registering For Accommodations:
- Go to Disability Services for Students
- Click on “New Student Registration”
- Fill out all areas of the application for accommodations
- Ensure correct TWU ID# which is 7 numbers
- If unsure of disability select “other”
- Be sure to provide as much detail as possible to all questions asked. The information provided is only available to DSS staff.
- Click “Submit”
- Next you will be able upload documentation of disability if you have it available. This step can be completed later or when you meet with DSS staff.
- You can contact DSS for an appointment with a coordinator or you can self schedule a meeting with a coordinator on the About Us page.
- There is a link to every coordinator’s calendar along with more information about each coordinator.
Once you have submitted all necessary paperwork and completed your intake meeting with a member of Disability Services staff, you will receive notification of your status with our office. You will have access to myDSS to request your accommodations each semester as well as exam accommodations or access provider requests when applicable.
Once approved for services, you will receive an eligibility notification email to your TWU email. You must wait 24 hours to login to myDSS to request your accommodations. Accommodation requests should be requested before each semester starts.
Once you have registered for classes in upcoming terms, please log into myDSS Online Login to submit your accommodation requests. We will email your accommodation letters to your instructors on your behalf once you request the accommodations for each course.
Refer to “How to Request Accommodations” for how to request your accommodation letters.
Page last updated 7:23 AM, August 17, 2020