Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship
The Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship program with School Librarian Certification (SLC) is for those holding a master’s degree in a different discipline who do not wish to obtain the MLS degree. The certificate program is available entirely online.
See the Courses section for additional information.
School Librarian Certification
The School Librarian Certification (SLC) program offered by the TWU School of Library and Information Studies meets all requirements of the State Board for Educator Certification for public schools in Texas. The certification program is available entirely online. See more information specific to the School Librarian Certification.
Admission to the Certificate in School Librarianship
Preferred Application Deadlines
Fall - June 1
Spring - November 1
Summer - April 1
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have a previous graduate degree.
- If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree at a foreign institution or whose U.S. undergraduate transcript does not provide a cumulative GPA are required to submit standardized test scores. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Submit the following materials via email to email@example.com, or by mail to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425769, Denton, TX 76204-5769. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current.
Additional Requirement: Apply to the TWU Educator Preparation Program. For Texas School Librarian Certification information, contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services at 940-898-2829 or email Linda Kobler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or email@example.com.
U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Disclosure
Page last updated 2:56 PM, July 26, 2021