Post-Professional Certificate Programs
Post-professional certifications provide an opportunity to advance and validate your educational and clinical knowledge.
For novice and intermediate physical therapists, Texas Woman's University offers one certification program:
- Women's Health Physical Therapy
The post-professional certificate program is currently only available at the Dallas center.
For a complete list of requirements for the post-professional certificate, visit the program catalog:
- Women’s Health Physical Therapy (12 semester credit hours)
Admission to the P.B Certificate of Advanced Studies in Women's Health PT
Mary Thompson, PT, PhD
Additional Contact: Mary Beth Daugherty
Application Deadline (Classes begin in Spring)
Foreign-educated physical therapists – April 15
U.S.-educated physical therapists – May 1
TWU Alumni – June 1
- Proof of graduation from an approved (CAPTE accredited or equivalent) entry-level physical therapy program.
- A license to practice physical therapy in the United States.
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate study and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all prior graduate work.
- GRE scores are not required. Applicants have the option of submitting scores voluntarily.
- Applicants with an International degree may be required to submit a minimum acceptable score for the TOEFL tests. The School of Physical Therapy requires TOEFL scores of at least 24-writing, 26-speaking, 21-reading comprehension, and 18-listening comprehension. Please refer to the TWU International Admission website for requirements and exemptions.
Note: A certificate program is not a full-time program, therefore, applicants on a visa are ineligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Take the GRE General Test and submit your GRE scores to TWU (optional).
- Take TOEFL exam, if applicable. (Use code 6826)
- Email a copy of your Physical Therapy license to PT@twu.edu
Page last updated 11:22 AM, November 11, 2021