The TWU T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences – Dallas Center isn’t a traditional college campus as much as it’s an efficient environment for an excellent health sciences education.
We sit in the heart of the Southwestern Medical District encompassed by four hospitals and faculty who are experts in their fields. Dallas is where graduate students earn their master’s or doctoral degree. Courses are a mix of online and face-to-face, depending on the program.
By the Numbers
- 4 – Neighboring hospitals in the Southwestern Medical District
- $5M – Gift from T. Boone Pickens to build the Dallas Center in 2011
- Mid-1970s – The School of Physical Therapy opened in Dallas
- 150 – DPT students enrolled at the Dallas Center in Spring 2016
Physical Therapy Programs in Dallas
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is the entry level degree for physical therapists, and is offered at the Dallas campus.
At the Dallas Center, we offer the following doctoral program:
- DPT to PhD Fast Track (not open to external applicants)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Therapy (Ph.D.)
In addition to our degree programs, our Dallas Center also offers certificate programs for degreed physical therapists including:
- Advanced Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Women’s Health Physical Therapy
- Advanced Geriatric Physical Therapy
About the Dallas Center
The TWU T. Boone Pickens Institute of Health Sciences – Dallas Center neighbors the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School about five miles north of downtown Dallas. It’s a 190,000-square-foot facility opened in 2011.
Our Dallas Center bears the name of Texas oilman and entrepreneur T. Boone Pickens, who donated $5 million to the building’s fundraising campaign.
Contact the Dallas Center
TWU School of Physical Therapy
5500 Southwestern Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75235-7299
Page last updated 9:40 AM, November 14, 2017