Our undergraduate programs in math will prepare you for future graduate studies or a career in mathematics, research, technology or teaching at the middle and high school levels.
Programs of study for our B.S. degrees:
Programs of study for our B.A. degrees:
Mathematics and Computer Science Course Rotation
Dual Degree in Mathematics and Engineering
In collaboration with the University of North Texas (UNT), TWU provides a dual degree option enabling students to attend the two universities simultaneously and graduate with a B.S. in mathematics degree from TWU and a B.S. in engineering degree (electrical, mechanical and energy, biomedical, or material science) from UNT. Scholarships are available for qualified applicants.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Office of Admissions
Texas Woman’s University
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, TX 76204-5649
940-898-3076 or 1-866-809-6130 ext. 3076
Admission to the Educator Preparation Program
There are three application periods per year (Fall, Spring, and Summer). Students must have their applications in by the deadline the semester before they intend to take ECE 3223, EDUC 3003, EDUC 3482, or READ 4223. (see schedule below).
Spring Application Deadlines* (Admission to the EDUC 3000s Summer)
- May 1 - Deadline to apply for Summer admission
- May 31 - Deadline for Transfer Grades, Grade Changes, or Any Other Requirement
Summer Application Deadlines (Admission to the EDUC 3000s Fall)
- July 1 - Deadline to apply for Fall admission
- July 31 - Deadline for Transfer Grades, Grade Changes, or Any Other Requirement
Fall Application Deadlines* (Admission to the EDUC 3000s Spring)
- December 1 - Deadline to apply for Spring admission
- December 21 - Deadline for Transfer Grades, Grade Changes, or Any Other Requirement
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- We recommend preparing your application well in advance of the deadline. That way you will be able to identify and resolve any potential issues before the deadline date.
- If you intend to register early for ECE 3223, EDUC 3003, EDUC 3482, or READ 4223 for the Summer or Fall semesters and have met all admission requirements, it is recommended that you apply to the EPP by December 1.
- If you apply for admission to the Educator Preparation Program while enrolled in EDUC 2003 or are taking coursework to increase your GPA to a 2.75, the Office of Educator Preparation Services will process your application. If the GPA requirement, along with all other admission requirements are met at the end of the semester, an admission decision will be made at that time.
- No late applications will be accepted. If the deadline date falls on a weekend or a day that TWU is closed, applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on the next day that TWU is open after the deadline day.
In addition to the general undergraduate admissions requirements, to obtain acceptance into the undergraduate Educator Preparation Program (and prior to taking ECE 3223, EDUC 3003, EDUC 3482, EDUC 4113, EDUC 4243, READ 4223, and Clinical Student Teaching) students must have:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 (includes all courses, whether posted to TWU transcript or used on a degree plan. Excludes developmental and repeated courses);
- Demonstrated basic skills in reading, written communication, and mathematics by meeting the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative;
- A minimum of 12 to 15 semester credit hours in the subject-specific content area for the certification sought;
- Completed EDUC 2003 with a C or higher;
- Completed department application for admission to the Educator Preparation Program in Tk20;
- Completed the Digital Literacy Pre-assessment;
- Submitted a non-refundable Texas Education Agency Fee;
- Completed a Commitment Contract acknowledging awareness and understanding of the Professional Dispositions Policy and Educators’ Code of Ethics;
- Successfully completed a pre-admission departmental interview with an interview panel; and
- Acknowledged and accepted admission to the Educator Preparation Program.
- All accepted students must maintain the admission requirements to remain in the TWU Education Preparation Program.
- Admission requirements are determined by Texas Education Agency policies and are subject to change without notice.
- Students seeking Bilingual certification must meet minimum proficiency in Spanish.
- Students seeking Deaf/Hard of Hearing certification must meet minimum proficiency in sign.
Contact the Office of Educator Preparation Services (OEPS) at email@example.com or 940-898-2829 with any questions.
Want to learn more?
Page last updated 11:27 AM, March 8, 2023