Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
11520 West 119th Street
Overland Park, KS 66213
Home Office Phone: 913-339-9356
TWU’s College of Business is accredited by the ACBSP to award the following ACBSP accredited degrees:
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration - with majors in Accounting, Administration, Finance, HR, Management and Marketing
- MBA – Master of Business Administration - with emphases in Accounting, Business Analytics, Business, Healthcare Administration, HR and Women in Leadership
Please see the COB, University and external web sites listed below in order to see the breadth and depth of the information provided to the public on COB’s offerings:
- State of Texas website that provides comparative data on Texas State Universities
- ACBSP 2015 Report-Student Assessment Measurements
- TWU University Fact Book which provides detailed access to University Information
- The Office of Institutional Research & Data Management (IRDM) provides information for reporting, planning, and decision-making activities of the University.
- Texas Board of Accountancy regarding the Certified Public Accountancy exam results and other data searchable by school
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education — supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Every quality business program worldwide is accredited.
- ACBSP promotes continuous improvement and recognizes excellence in the accreditation of business education programs around the world.
- ACBSP acknowledges the importance of scholarly research and inquiry and believes that such activities facilitate improved teaching. ACBSP encourages faculty involvement within the contemporary business world to enhance the quality of classroom instruction and to contribute to student learning.
- ACBSP offers an accreditation process uniquely focused on teaching excellence and student outcomes. And because the council believes ACBSP success is driven by the success of its members, ACBSP officers and members align those programs and the accreditation process to meet the individual needs of each member.
ACBSP Accredited Program Performance
TWU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of TWU.
Health Care Administration Accreditation
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
First students accepted in 1977
In the heart of the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical center.
- Master’s in health care administration
- Executive Master’s in health care administration
- Master’s in health care administration with a concentration in business analytics
- Certificate in health care administration
A contemporary program focusing on the working professional: evening classes, Monday-Thursday only, blended on-site and online class format, all prerequisite courses taught by the Program tailored to the professional background of the applicant.
Average of 110 students enrolled in the various program degree options
- Median years to complete the degree, 2.9 (part-time student taking 6 credit hours per semester)
- Average GPA of graduating students, 3.7/4.0
- 98% of Program graduates are employed in healthcare within the first 3 months after graduation (rolling 2-year average, includes students who remain with their current employer upon graduation, and those in internships and residency positions upon graduation)
Page last updated 8:23 AM, August 28, 2019