MA in Art - Concentration in Art History & Visual Culture
As a graduate student in our visual culture program, you have the opportunity to explore visual art through an interdisciplinary perspective. Developing knowledge and skills in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies and/or Studio Art, you will analyze the visual world through historical, social and cultural lenses. Our program will prepare you for engagement in a contemporary arts world through our focus on critical and creative inquiry, learn-by-doing approach, effective written and oral communication skills, and social justice-based perspectives. You will also benefit from our smaller-sized MA program that fosters one-on-one interaction and mentorship with faculty.
- MA in Art (Art History & Visual Culture) Degree Plan
- Visual Arts Graduate Courses
- Course Rotation Schedule
Admission to the M.A. in Art (concentration in Art Education)
Ms. Alex Epps
Spring - November 15
Fall - February 1
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Complete a separate application to the Department of Visual Arts through SlideRoom. This will consist of:
- Letter of intent
- Research statement
- Current vita or resumé
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Two papers in the field
- Complete a video chat or in-person interview with faculty. Please reach out to the graduate admissions coordinator, Professor Meg Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 9:23 AM, May 20, 2022