MA in Art - Concentration in Art History
As a graduate student in our art history program, you will be able to conduct an in-depth exploration of the historical period you are most passionate about. You also will have the opportunity to experience historical art and architecture first-hand when you participate in one of our summer travel abroad programs.
Admission to the TWU Graduate School
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, most graduate programs have additional admission requirements that must be completed. These requirements can be found on each graduate program website. After acceptance, you will need to begin your program within one year, unless a deferral has been approved by the program.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
*Admission to the M.A. in Art (concentration in Art Education or Art History)
Prof. Gary Washmon
Spring - November 15
Fall - February 15
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Complete a separate application to the Department of Visual Arts through SlideRoom. This will consist of:
- Letter of intent
- Artist/research statement
- Current vita or resumé
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A portfolio of 20 images of original work (with captions)
- Complete a phone, video chat, or in-person interview with graduate admissions coordinator.
Page last updated 3:55 PM, July 18, 2019