MA in Art - Concentration in Art History & Visual Culture
As a graduate student in our visual culture program, you have the opportunity to explore visual art through an interdisciplinary perspective. Developing knowledge and skills in Multicultural Women’s and Gender Studies and/or Studio Art, you will analyze the visual world through historical, social and cultural lenses. Our program will prepare you for engagement in a contemporary arts world through our focus on critical and creative inquiry, learn-by-doing approach, effective written and oral communication skills, and social justice-based perspectives. You will also benefit from our smaller-sized MA program that fosters one-on-one interaction and mentorship with faculty.
Admission to the M.A. in Art (concentration in Art Education or Art History)
Prof. Gary Washmon
Spring - November 15
Fall - February 15
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Complete a separate application to the Department of Visual Arts through SlideRoom. This will consist of:
- Letter of intent
- Artist/research statement
- Current vita or resumé
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A portfolio of 20 images of original work (with captions)
- Complete a phone, video chat, or in-person interview with graduate admissions coordinator.
Page last updated 2:26 PM, June 14, 2021