MA in Art - Concentration in Art Education
Our graduate program in art education is multicultural and comprehensive in its approach to the art disciplines of history, criticism, aesthetics and studio art production. In addition to providing you with competencies in art education commensurate with the guidelines and standards of the Texas Education Agency, the Texas Art Education Association and the National Art Education Association, our master’s program will foster a broad knowledge of art history, art criticism, aesthetics and studio art production, while teaching you to apply that knowledge in a classroom setting.
- MA in Art (Art Education) Degree Plan
- Visual Arts Graduate Courses
- Course Rotation Schedule
- Additional Concentration Information
Admission to the M.A. in Art (concentration in Art Education or Art History & Visual Culture)
Ms. Alex Epps
Spring - November 15
Fall - February 15
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Complete a separate application to the Department of Visual Arts through SlideRoom. This will consist of:
- Letter of intent
- Research statement
- Current vita or resumé
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Two papers in the field
- Complete a video chat or in-person interview with faculty. Please reach out to the graduate admissions coordinator, Professor Meg Griffiths at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 3:46 PM, October 18, 2021