Our graduate programs provide sociological training primarily for nontraditional, female, minority, and underprivileged students, though students from all backgrounds are welcomed. We offer a Master of Arts (MA) degree and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in sociology, along with Certificates in Diversity and Social Science Research Methods.
Students in our graduate programs benefit from:
- Rolling admissions every semester, including summer.
- Evening (6-8:50 p.m.) and late afternoon (2:30-5:20 p.m.) classes.
- Online and hybrid classes.
- Rigorous but accommodating curricula.
- Flexible field exams.
- Graduate assistantship opportunities.
We prepare graduates for rewarding careers as professors in colleges and universities as well as researchers and practitioners for businesses, governments and nonprofit organizations.