Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior. As a student of sociology, you will learn how to study the societies and groups in which you live, investigate the impact of social environments on human behavior, and apply your knowledge for the benefit of humanity.
The Department of Sociology at Texas Woman's University will provide you with a dynamic, inspiring and comprehensive learning experience. Our undergraduate and graduate programs will equip you with the practical knowledge and skills you will need to observe, uplift and advance society. Our accomplished faculty and staff will prepare you for job market success, as well as future graduate and professional studies.
We offer undergraduate degrees in sociology and criminal justice, graduate degrees in sociology, and post-baccalaureate certificates in diversity and social science research methods.
Virtual Student Orientations
Check your email and mark your calendars: Virtual student orientation links will be emailed to you shortly.
- Undergraduate Criminal Justice: Monday, August 17, 2020, 7-8 pm
- Undergraduate Sociology: Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 7-8 pm
- Graduate Sociology: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 6-7 pm
- Graduate Teaching Assistants/Graduate Assistants: Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 7-8 pm
- New Graduate Students: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 7-8 pm
News See All
Page last updated 2:30 PM, August 27, 2020