MBA – Women in Leadership
In as little as 15 months and for around $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Our MBA-Women in Leadership emphasis is one of the only graduate programs in the country focusing specifically on providing women with the skills they need to lead effectively in today's business world. All graduate students, regardless of gender, benefit from studying the women's perspective of leadership to better address the challenges of today's business environment.
MBA - Women in Leadership program features
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online (international students cannot apply for this program)
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months or 36 credit hours*
*Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
We recognize the importance of women's leadership
In the U.S., women make up nearly half of the labor workforce, yet only 1/3 are managers. While the number of female managers has increased slightly, there is a decrease of women in senior roles. Studies show companies perform better financially with women in leadership roles.
TWU's MBA - Women in Leadership directly addresses this issue.
We build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
We are home to the Jane Nelson Institute for Women's Leadership
The Jane Nelson Institute for Women’s Leadership at TWU is dedicated to preparing more women to take on successful roles in business and public service. Through the institute’s three specialized centers—Center for Student Leadership, Center for Women Entrepreneurs and Center for Women in Government—we ensure women have the education to establish careers as successful C-suite executives, the skills for building entrepreneurial businesses and the framework needed to run for public office.
Center for Women Entrepreneurs
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Tailored career planning
The Career Connections Center provides advising services and tailored career planning, including networking and salary negotiations. Fast-track your job search using the Career's Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The College of Business takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Admission to the MBA
Marketing, HR, Analytics, Women in Leadership, Healthcare, Entrepreneurship, Gen Business Acct & Finance
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their last 60 hour undergraduate hours and an undergraduate degree in business will be considered for unconditional admission to the MBA program.
- Applicants with GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 in their last 60 hour undergraduate hours and an undergraduate degree in business may be admitted conditionally and will be required to take three provisional courses in business. After successful completion of the three courses (with grades of A or B), the applicant will be move to unconditional status.
- Applicants who do not have a business degree and have GPAs of 2.5 and higher in their last 60 undergraduate hours may be admitted conditionally and will be required to take three provisional courses in business. After successful completion of the three courses (with grades of A or B), the applicant will be moved to unconditional status.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
The College of Business holds orientation for new students in the fall and spring semesters. It is a requirement that all new students attend one of these session. Information will be provided after acceptance to the program.
Begin by reviewing your program's website to see if there are additional admission requirements and application deadlines prior to applying.
- Apply online.
Apply to Graduate Programs via the TWU Online Graduate Application Portal following instructions below.
- Submit transcripts to TWU.
- Domestic Applicants must submit official transcripts for each college or university attended, both undergraduate and graduate. See the Information on Transcripts website for more details.
- International Applicants are now required to provide an evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service. International transcripts should not be sent directly to TWU. See the International Admissions website for more details.
- Submit Recommendation Requests
If your program requires you to submit names for recommendations you will need to do it in the application.
- Pay the application fee.
The $50 fee ($75 fee for International applicants), which applies to all new and returning applicants, can be paid by:
- Credit card - Pay Online through the application as the last step before submitting the application. The second portion of the application will not be available until the application fee has been received.
- Certified check or money order by mail or electronically - Payable to TWU, sent by mail to:
TWU Admissions Processing, 304 Administration Drive, Suite 102, Denton, Texas 76204
(include your full name and ID number).
- Cash (no personal checks) - Pay at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring the receipt to Admissions Processing (down the hall in ACT).
- Fee Waivers - Graduate applicants who are certified McNair Scholars are eligible for a McNair Scholar Application Fee Waiver. TWU Alumni may be eligible for the Alumni Advantage Fee Waiver. Check your eligibility here: https://twu.edu/alumni-advantage/. If eligible submit the request using the Application Fee Waiver Submission
- Following fee payment return to the application dashboard where supplemental application documents can be uploaded. The online application will list which documents are needed to fulfill the program admission requirements. You can also check the program's website.
For more information or assistance with the application or graduate admissions, visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Page last updated 4:03 PM, February 23, 2024