MBA – Sport Management
**This program track will be closing effective January 2024. No new students will be accepted into this program track.**
In as little as 15 months and around $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Want to enter or advance your career as a leader in the sport industry? TWU’s MBA in Sport Management teaches the skills needed to manage various operations in the ever-evolving and universal world of sports. If you are zealous about learning and applying business concepts in the sporting industry, this is the degree for you.
TWU also offers this degree plan as part of a 4+1, where you can earn both the BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management and MBA –Sport Management in an accelerated format.
MBA - Sport Management program features
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online
- Degree completion is as little as 15 months or 36 credit hours*
- Accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- TWU’s 4+1 BS in Kinesiology and MBA program: Earn two degrees in just 5 years: your BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management + MBA (8 credit hours of MB core courses, plus 12 CHs in graduate-level Sport Management classes)*
*Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites.
Why Sport Management at TWU?
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
For undergraduate students, this degree is part of TWU’s 4+1, where you can earn both the BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management and MBA –Sport Management in just 5 years. It is one of only a handful in the nation and the only in Texas.
Closing the gap of women leadership
Women are greatly underrepresented in leadership roles within the global sporting industry. Sport management is growing in Texas and no matter your gender, equal representation is important. TWU is addressing this gap.
Admission to the MBA
Marketing, HR, Analytics, Women in Leadership, Healthcare, Entrepreneurship, Gen Business Acct & Finance
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their last 60 hour undergraduate hours and an undergraduate degree in business will be considered for unconditional admission to the MBA program.
- Applicants with GPAs between 2.5 and 2.99 in their last 60 hour undergraduate hours and an undergraduate degree in business may be admitted conditionally and will be required to take three provisional courses in business. After successful completion of the three courses (with grades of A or B), the applicant will be move to unconditional status.
- Applicants who do not have a business degree and have GPAs of 2.5 and higher in their last 60 undergraduate hours may be admitted conditionally and will be required to take three provisional courses in business. After successful completion of the three courses (with grades of A or B), the applicant will be moved to unconditional status.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
The College of Business holds orientation for new students in the fall and spring semesters. It is a requirement that all new students attend one of these session. Information will be provided after acceptance to the program.
Begin by reviewing your program's website to see if there are additional admission requirements and application deadlines prior to applying.
- Apply online.
Apply to Graduate Programs via the TWU Online Graduate Application Portal following instructions below.
- Submit transcripts to TWU.
- Domestic Applicants must submit official transcripts for each college or university attended, both undergraduate and graduate. See the Information on Transcripts website for more details.
- International Applicants are now required to provide an evaluation prepared by a NACES or AICE member evaluation service. International transcripts should not be sent directly to TWU. See the International Admissions website for more details.
- Submit Recommendation Requests
If your program requires you to submit names for recommendations you will need to do it in the application.
- Pay the application fee.
The $50 fee ($75 fee for International applicants), which applies to all new and returning applicants, can be paid by:
- Credit card - Pay Online through the application as the last step before submitting the application. The second portion of the application will not be available until the application fee has been received.
- Certified check or money order by mail or electronically - Payable to TWU, sent by mail to:
TWU Admissions Processing, 304 Administration Drive, Suite 102, Denton, Texas 76204
(include your full name and ID number).
- Cash (no personal checks) - Pay at the Bursar's Office. After paying, bring the receipt to Admissions Processing (down the hall in ACT).
- Fee Waivers - Graduate applicants who are certified McNair Scholars are eligible for a McNair Scholar Application Fee Waiver. TWU Alumni may be eligible for the Alumni Advantage Fee Waiver. Check your eligibility here: https://twu.edu/alumni-advantage/. If eligible submit the request using the Application Fee Waiver Submission
- Following fee payment return to the application dashboard where supplemental application documents can be uploaded. The online application will list which documents are needed to fulfill the program admission requirements. You can also check the program's website.
For more information or assistance with the application or graduate admissions, visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Page last updated 4:03 PM, February 23, 2024