4+1 BS & MBA in Sport Management
Earn your BS and MBA in just 5 years
Texas Woman’s will begin offering a 4+1 accelerated program this fall where you can complete your BS in Kinesiology-Sport Management and an MBA in 5 years. Transfer students with an associate’s degree can take advantage of the accelerated format as well and complete both degrees in 3 years.
Our program will develop and equip you to be a leader who is socially and globally minded to successfully manage sport at all levels of the industry.
- Specialized courses in Leadership, Sport Governance and Ethics, Sport Development (strategic development of sports) and Sport for Social Development (use of sport to improve social conditions such as poverty, hunger, health, equality and human rights)
- Hybrid and online formats
- Opportunities for 750+ hours of practical work experience and internships
- Career coaching and networking
Tools to Succeed
Our degree program gives you a deeper understanding of the industry and the tools necessary to succeed in sport management.
TWU is dedicated to preparing women to take on leadership roles in all industries.
Graduate Degree to Open Doors
Our MBA degree is designed to provide you with management and business analysis skills that can open doors to a variety of managerial and/or leadership positions in sport.
Graduates work in sport-related industries, including sporting leagues; collegiate and high school sports; recreational and wellness facilities; not-for-profit organizations; professional sport associations; sport management and marketing firms; and event operations.
Career options include:
- Player operations
- Ticket operations and sales
- Facility operations
- General management
Salaries in these professions vary widely.
See full program requirements in the Undergraduate Catalog.
Admission to the Dual Degree: B.S. in Kinesiology (Sport Management) & M.B.A.
All applicants must meet the general undergraduate admission requirements.
Students in this program must apply and be accepted to the TWU Graduate School in their junior year to successfully transition to the graduate component of this degree.
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, students must meet the following admission to the M.B.A program:
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission. Students admitted under this provisional admission must earn a GPA of at least 3.0 on the first nine graduate hours at TWU with no grade below B. Failure to maintain this GPA may result in removal from the program.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some students based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Students are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
Accelerated Graduate Program Policy Guidelines
Students may apply to the accelerated graduate degree program once they have attained advanced junior standing with at least 72 undergraduate semester credit hours (SCH). Upon admission to an accelerated program, students with senior standing (90 earned SCH) may enroll in graduate courses for credit. Approved courses will apply to both an undergraduate and a graduate degree.
- Undergraduate students may enroll in no more than 6 SCH of graduate coursework in each semester or term.
- Minimal criteria for admission will include a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. The program may set higher GPA requirements as outlined on their TWU graduate program website at the time of graduate application.
- Once admitted to an accelerated program, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the remainder of their baccalaureate degree, or their admission to the accelerated graduate program may be revoked. Academic components may set additional requirements for their programs.
Graduate Application Process
All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admission to the TWU Graduate School section of the catalog.
This academic program may have additional graduate admission criteria that must also be completed as outlined on the graduate program's website.
For More Information
Coordinator of Academic Advising, School of Health Promotion & Kinesiology
Undergraduate Academic Advisor II
Office: PH 212
P: 940 898 2606
Academic Advisor II
Office: PH 211
Page last updated 9:04 AM, September 27, 2023