MBA – General Business
In as little as 15 months and for around $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Gain a deeper understanding of operations and management across many fields in the business industry.
MBA - General Business program features
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online and hybrid*
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months or 36 credit hours**
* International students holding an F-1 visa can apply for an MBA in General Business but must follow federal regulations related to the maximum number of online courses allowed per semester.
**Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites.
Multifaceted knowledge across the business industry
Learn to sharpen your skills and get a deeper understanding of general business and analysis through a framework of planning, coordination, effective decision making and business process improvements.
Online courses for working professionals
Our degree offers online courses, providing you with the flexibility to work and go to school to advance your career. You'll get a rich understanding of how to manage organizations and lead employees, skills you can apply to the workplace immediately.
We build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Tailored career planning
The Career Connections Center provides advising services and tailored career planning, including networking and salary negotiations. Fast-track your job search using the Career's Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The College of Business takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
“Having a full-time job and being married with two children could have been intimidating when trying to decide if I had the time to go back to school. The mix of classroom and online format at Texas Woman’s provided me the flexibility I needed and still gave me the in-class-brick-and-mortar experience I felt was important.”
Careers & salaries*
TWU's MBA - General Business prepares you to compete in a labor market with a growing need for well-trained managers. You'll learn about several important business disciplines including accounting, business ethics, finance, human resources and strategy. With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- General and Operations Manager: $123,880 per year
- Sales Manager: $124,220 per year
- Training and Development Manager: $111,340 per year
- Top Executive: $104,980 per year
- Distribution Manager: $102,850 per year
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Admission to the Master of Business Administration
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some applicants based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
How to Apply
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. All other programs, and those programs above wishing to start Summer or Fall 2023, will continue with the ApplyTexas application. Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or email@example.com.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.
Page last updated 4:39 PM, February 6, 2023