Allowed transportation expenses include rental cars, public transportation (taxi, bus, shuttle, or network transportation driver), personal vehicle mileage, and commercial air.

A receipt showing proof of payment is required for all forms of transportation.

Keep ITEMIZED receipts for all expenses, including:

  • Network Transportation - Lyft or Uber, for example
  • Vehicle rental (the bill should show a zero balance, not a deposit amount or amount due)
  • Gasoline purchases for rental car
  • Public transportation
  • Parking
  • Tolls

Please note: transportation expenses to or from a meal is not considered a business expense. Such an expense is not allowed on the TWU Travel Card nor is it reimbursable if paid out of pocket. 


Click on the following links for additional information.

Rental Cars

Personal Vehicle

Air Travel

Taxi, Bus or Other Mode of Mass Transit

Network Transportation Driver or Limousine

Page last updated 4:06 PM, September 12, 2022