Rental Cars

Before renting a car to conduct official university business, travelers must have a current Driver Authorization Number in their Concur profile. Learn how to obtain a Driver Authorization Number here.

University employees are required to use State contracted rental vehicles to ensure the lowest rates and insurance coverage.

Review comparison tables for all vendors’ rates and other contract provisions.

Rental car arrangements should be made by the employee by contacting Corporate Travel Management (CTM) to ensure state rates. Reservations with CTM are available by logging into Concur. For detailed instructions refer to the Training and Resources page of this website or click Booking Travel in Concur. The reservation details will be available in Concur for reconciling the expense report. If employees do not use a contracted rental car agency, they must complete a Contract Travel Vendor Exception form and submit it with their expense report in Concur.

Be aware that optional insurance (CDW, LDW, etc.) is included in the State of Texas contract with all Enterprise, National and Hertz locations. All additional insurance and products (such as GPS or road Side Assistance) should be declined unless the traveler is willing to pay for the expense. Charges associated with such items will not be approved.

For more in-depth information about the State contract for rental cars, visit the State Travel Management Program

A non-contracted rental car agency may only be used if a contracted agency is not available. When using a non-contracted rental car agency:

Page last updated 10:45 AM, November 20, 2023