MBA - Accounting
In as little as 15 months and for just $17,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Gain advanced knowledge in audit, taxation, managerial, financial and forensic accounting.
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months, or 36 credit hours*
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Program prerequisites may be required for some that do not hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting*
*Individual requirements may vary.
Four-Plus-One in Accounting Program
Still need your B.B.A.?
Texas Woman’s offers a combination B.B.A. and M.B.A. with Accounting emphasis that allows you to complete both programs in as little as five years and for just $42,500. No GMAT or GRE required.
The Four-Plus-One Program in Accounting combines the BBA-Accounting degree with the MBA - Accounting Concentration to provide coursework required to take the Uniform CPA Exam (Texas State Board of Public Accountancy). If you are a resident of another state, contact our department to determine whether our program fulfills requirements to take the Uniform CPA Exam in your home state.
Only 15 months to a degree
If you earned your BBA in accounting from an accredited university, you only need to complete 36 max semester credit hours to earn your MBA in this program. Most of our students complete the requirements in 15 months.
We build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Tailored career planning
The Career Connections Center provides advising services and tailored career planning, including networking and salary negotiations. Fast-track your job search using the Career's Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The College of Business takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & Salaries*
Accountants perform important tasks all across every type of organization, including for-profits, charities, hospitals, universities, governmental entities with tasks such as pensions, payroll, pricing, cash management, costing products and services, budgeting, financial statement creation and reporting. Plus, many upper-level managers have strong backgrounds in accounting.
With this degree, you have multiple career opportunities including:
- Financial Manager: $127,990 per year
- Top Executive: $104,980 per year
- Personal Financial Advisor: $88,890 per year
- Management Analysts: $83,610 per year
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Admission to the TWU Graduate School
When you apply to the TWU Graduate School, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores if required. All students must meet the University requirements as outlined in the Admissions to the TWU Graduate School. In addition, most graduate programs have additional admission requirements that must be completed. These requirements can be found on each graduate program website. After acceptance, you will need to begin your program within one year, unless a deferral has been approved by the program.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
*Admission to the Master of Business Administration
How to Apply
No GRE/GMAT required
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Director of Graduate Programs
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission. Students admitted under this provisional admission must earn a GPA of at least 3.0 on first nine graduate hours at TWU with no grade below “B”. Failure to maintain this GPA may result in removal from the program.
- Individuals applying to dual-degree programs must apply and be accepted to each program (both MBA and MHA)
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some students based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Students are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
For More Information
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.
Page last updated 11:31 AM, May 27, 2020