MBA – Business Analytics
In as little as 15 months and about $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Prepare to solve analytical problems from diverse disciplines such as healthcare, marketing, accounting, finance, economics and human resources.
MBA - Business Analytics program features
- Accelerated 7-week online class formats
- 100% online (international students cannot apply for this program)
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months or 39 credit hours*
*Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites.
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Learn how to solve analytical problems
At TWU, you will get real-world classroom experience using data mining, statistics and information systems. With the Business Analytics emphasis, you'll learn to solve analytical problems from diverse disciplines including healthcare, marketing, accounting, finance, economics and human resources.
We build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Tailored career planning
The Career Connections Center provides advising services and tailored career planning, including networking and salary negotiations. Fast-track your job search using the Career's Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The College of Business takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & salaries*
This degree creates a pathway for you to become a certified business analyst. You'll have multiple career opportunities including:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager: $142,530 per year
- Top Executive: $104,980 per year
- Transportation, Storage and Distribution Manager: $102,850 per year
- Information Security Analyst: $98,350 per year
- Computer Systems Analyst: $88,740 per year
Fields requiring the analysis and use of data are expected to skyrocket in the coming years. Information security and supply chain management careers are expected to hit a job growth rate of 37 percent and 23 percent, respectively, by 2022 according to U.S. News & World Report.
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Admission to the Master of Business Administration
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some applicants based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
How to Apply
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. All other programs, and those programs above wishing to start Summer or Fall 2023, will continue with the ApplyTexas application and will need to submit any required documents for M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or email@example.com.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above. *Students enrolling for Summer or Fall 2023 will apply through ApplyTexas.org and need to submit all required documents to their program of choice.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
For more information on graduate admissions or to contact an admissions official, visit twu.edu/admissions/graduate-admission/.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Learn more at one of our graduate information sessions.
Page last updated 11:05 AM, March 15, 2023