Student Organization Programming Fund
Purpose of this fund
The purpose of the Student Organization Programming Fund is to assist all recognized student organizations in their efforts to be of great success. Through this fund, Student Government Association (SGA) is able to offer financial assistance for events such as inductions, honors ceremonies, or social activities.
Process for Requesting Funds
Recognized student organizations, who are requesting funding through Student Government Association’s (SGA) Student Organization Programming Fund will follow the steps listed below to request funding. Chartered student organizations are eligible to receive up to $500 per semester (fall and spring) through this fund. SGA will only allocate a maximum of $250, out of the potential $500, your organization could receive for promotional items.
- Read over the approved vendors list and restricted items list before submitting your application.
- SGA will also not fund electronic devices for your organizations.
- Student Organization President or Treasurer will need to fill out the Student Organization Programming Application, which is located on Pioneer Engage. The application is due the day before the Finance Hearing you would like to attend by 5:00pm.
- Dates for Fall 2019 Finance Hearings:
- September 5, 2019
- September 19, 2019
- October 3, 2019
- October 17, 2019
- October 31, 2019
- November 14, 2019
- Only events taking place in the next 30 days may be requested.
- You will receive a confirmation through Pioneer Engage from SGA’s Associate Vice President of Finance confirming your attendance at the appropriate finance hearing.
- Attend the finance hearing to justify the need of the amount requested.
- Please provide at least 7 copies of your itemized budget to the committee at the hearing, using this budget proposal sheet.
- Expenses that are vital to the success of an event will be given priority.
- We may be able to fund all or partial monies for your event. The size and number of people who will benefit from the allocation will be taken into consideration as well as the nature of the event.
- No later than 48 business hours after the finance hearing, you will be notified on the status of your request. If you are approved, you will receive instructions on how to request an appointment to pick up and drop off the p-card.
Only Student Organization Presidents and Treasurers that have signed delegate agreements will be allowed to check out the p-card (see the section below titled: “how does your organizations becomes approved to check out the p-card”).
What is the Organization P-Card (Org P-card)?
This is a MasterCard issued by Citibank which gives recognized (chartered and sanctioned) student organizations the ability to purchase small and infrequent organization-related goods and services. This Org P-Card is administered through the Center for Student Development and is available to be checked out to purchase pre-approved goods and services for upcoming student organization programs and events.
Why would student organizations use the Org P-Card?
Use of the Org P-Card is a privilege, not a right. The Org P-Card is designed to be used for purchases related to official organization business only. Use of the P-Card for personal purchases is strictly prohibited. University accounting policies and good business practices should be followed at all times when using the P-Card, which includes ensuring that all purchases are TAX EXEMPT and itemized receipts should be provided to the Center for Student Development within 24 hours of your time of purchase.
Improper use of the Org P-Card could result in the termination of this privilege for any student organization in violation for the remainder of the academic year and/or other disciplinary action.
Uses for the Org P-Card include the following:
How does your organization become approved to check out the Org P-Card?
The Org P-Card can be checked out to Student Organization Presidents and/or Treasurers who are granted authority by the Center for Student Development. No organization officer may have access without following all procedures explained below.
To be granted authority, the President and/or Treasurer of the organization must attend the annual Student Organization Risk Management Training and complete the Delegate Agreement Form. This form will ensure that your President and/or Treasurer will be able to begin checking out the SOC P-Card for the remainder of that academic year. Only the Presidents and/or Treasurers who attend this training will have access to this service.
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Student Development at 940-898-3626.
Page last updated 4:50 PM, July 10, 2019