Student Organization Programming Fund
Purpose of this fund
The purpose of the Student Organization Programming Fund is to assist all recognized student organizations in their efforts to be of great success. Through this fund, Student Government Association (SGA) is able to offer financial assistance for events such as inductions, honors ceremonies, or social activities.
Process for Requesting Funds
Recognized student organizations, who are requesting funding through Student Government Association’s (SGA) Student Organization Programming Fund will follow the steps listed below to request funding. Chartered student organizations are eligible to receive up to $500 per semester (fall and spring) through this fund. SGA will only allocate a maximum of $250, out of the potential $500, your organization could receive for promotional items.
- Read over the approved vendors list and restricted items list before submitting your application.
- SGA will also not fund electronic devices for your organizations.
- Student Organization President or Treasurer will need to fill out the Student Organization Programming Application, which is located on Pioneer Engage. The application is due the Wednesday before the finance hearing date (listed below) that you would like to attend.
- Spring 2021 Virtual Finance Hearing Dates:
- February 2
- February 16
- March 2
- March 16
- March 30
- April 13
- Only events taking place in the next 30 days may be requested.
- You will receive a confirmation through Pioneer Engage from SGA’s Associate Vice President of Finance confirming your attendance at the appropriate finance hearing.
- Attend the finance hearing to justify the need of the amount requested.
- Submit your itemized budget to the committee through the application, using this budget proposal sheet.
- Expenses that are vital to the success of an event will be given priority.
- We may be able to fund all or partial monies for your event. The size and number of people who will benefit from the allocation will be taken into consideration as well as the nature of the event.
- No later than 48 business hours after the finance hearing, you will be notified on the status of your request. If you are approved, you will receive instructions on how to request an appointment to pick up and drop off the p-card. For the Spring of 2021, the p-card check out process will be different, if your organization is approved, we will explain the process to you, but you all will not be checking out a p-card. The CSD will be ordering and paying for the items for you all.
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Student Development at 940-898-3626.
Page last updated 4:55 PM, February 2, 2021