Student Organization Programming Fund
Purpose of this fund
The purpose of the Student Organization Programming Fund is to assist all recognized student organizations in their efforts to be of great success. Through this fund, Student Government Association (SGA) is able to offer financial assistance for events such as inductions, honors ceremonies, or social activities.
Process for Requesting Funds
Recognized student organizations, who are requesting funding through Student Government Association’s (SGA) Student Organization Programming Fund will follow the steps listed below to request funding. Registered student organizations are eligible to receive up to $500 per semester (fall and spring) through this fund. SGA will only allocate a maximum of $250, out of the potential $500, your organization could receive for promotional items.
- Read over the approved vendors list and restricted items list before submitting your application.
- SGA will also not fund electronic devices for your organizations.
- Student Organization President or Treasurer will need to fill out the Student Organization Programming Application, which is located on Pioneer Engage. The application is due the Wednesday before the finance hearing date (listed below) that you would like to attend.
- Dates for Spring 2023 Finance Hearings:
- January 30th
- February 13th
- February 27th
- March 20th
- April 3rd
- April 17th
Finance hearings are virtual through Google Meet at 5 pm on designated days. Check the SGA Pioneer Engage page for links. Only events taking place in the next 30 days may be requested.
If you have any questions regarding funding please contact our Associate Vice President for Finance, Peace Egar.
- You will receive a confirmation through Pioneer Engage from SGA’s Associate Vice President of Finance confirming your attendance at the appropriate finance hearing.
- Attend the finance hearing to justify the need of the amount requested.
- Submit your itemized budget to the committee through the application, using this budget proposal sheet.
- Expenses that are vital to the success of an event will be given priority.
- We may be able to fund all or partial monies for your event. The size and number of people who will benefit from the allocation will be taken into consideration as well as the nature of the event.
- No later than 48 business hours after the finance hearing, you will be notified on the status of your request. If you are approved, you will receive instructions on how to complete P-Card Training and schedule a time to pick up the P-Card to make purchases.
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Student Development at 940-898-3626.
Page last updated 3:55 PM, March 15, 2023