Student Leadership Development Fund (SLDF)
Fall 2018 SLDF applications are due November 29, 2018 by 5:00pm to the Center for Student Development.
The purpose of the Student Leadership Development Fund is to help provide students of chartered organizations the opportunity to further their knowledge of leadership by participating in leadership, research, or competitive conferences and activities.
- The fund is a REIMBURSEMENT and helps reimburse students for items such as conference registration fees, lodging for conference travel, and transportation to and from the event. Original receipts must be submitted with the application to be considered for reimbursement. (Mileage may be documented by using MapQuest internet mapping and providing a printout.)
- All chartered student organizations who have a SUCCESSFUL* charter with the Center for Student Development, who have financial need, and who are in good standing, before the submission of an application, is eligible to apply.
- A chartered student organization can request up to $500 per semester.
- We may be able to fund all or partial monies for your event. The size and number of people who will benefit from reimbursement will be taken into consideration as well as the nature of the event. A period of thirty days should be expected before reimbursement can possibly occur.
- The completed application and ALL applicable materials such as receipts, flyers, or programs for the event must be submitted after the completion of an event. The Student Organizations Council’s Vice President of Finance will review the applications, and applicants will receive written notification of approval or denial for reimbursement. The application should be submitted in the same semester as the event.
- Student Organizations Council reserves the right to distribute checks to organizations only and may refuse to distribute checks to individual members for liability purposes.
- The reimbursement check will not be released to any other individual in the student organization other than the Point of Contact. This person will receive an email directly from the Advisor to the Student Organizations Council informing them that the reimbursement check is ready. A student ID must be presented upon pick-up.
- Due to the academic schedule, no applications will be reviewed in December or May for reimbursement. Applications will be accepted during the summer for reimbursement if funding is still available. Please check back near the end of the spring semester for the summer due date.
* Organizations must have turned in a Student Organization Charter Renewal or Application and have the organization’s current constitution and bylaws on record with the Center for Student Development.
Page last updated 9:30 AM, August 30, 2018