Master of Arts in History
Our master's in history, which is now available fully online, focuses on social and political history in the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean to properly address the needs of students who seek a thorough understanding of history and historiography.
Students admitted to our program will select one of the following options with consultation and approval of their graduate committee. The student’s graduate committee may require completion of more than the minimum number of semester credit hours indicated and specify courses to be included in the student’s individual degree. These options include:
- Professional Paper
- Public History
- Graduate Certificate Program in Political Science
Please visit our Graduate Catalog for more information about degree and course requirements regarding our different degree options.
Admission to the History & Political Science Graduate Programs
Christina Bejarano, PhD
Graduate program director
(940) 898- 2785
No fixed deadlines - Rolling admissions
- Applicant’s overall record should clearly reflect the ability to pursue advanced study, conduct research, and write effectively in the field selected.
- Documentation of a strong preparation in the liberal arts.
- A minimum GPA of 3.25 on last 60 semester credit hours of undergraduate work.
- A minimum of 12 semester credit hours of upper-division undergraduate or graduate work in the major field.
Applicants who do not meet the above prerequisites at the time of application may, under exceptional circumstances, be recommended for provisional admission by the department.
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to the TWU Graduate School.
- Collect and submit the following documents as separate files in ONE email to HistoryGov@twu.edu with the subject line "(Full Name) - Graduate Application". Please attach all items as PDFs.
- Writing sample
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information for three references
Need More Information?
To learn more about the master's of political science, please contact Director of Graduate Studies Christina Bejarano, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-898-2785, or fill out and submit the following form.
Page last updated 4:11 PM, April 25, 2023