With state-of-the-art technology, mentorship from award-winning professors and hands-on experience, TWU’s Division of Computer Science will prepare you for a compelling 21st-century career in one of today’s hottest fields.
Our flexible, hybrid courses are customized to suit your needs and help you succeed. So, whether you work full-time, take care of family members, have trouble choosing a career path or all of the above, we have a program designed to fit your lifestyle.
Our academic programs
Why study Computer Science at TWU?
In addition to educating and mentoring students full-time, our professors are also engaged in groundbreaking research projects.
Supportive student organizations
- The Association of Computing Machinery is the world’s first scientific and educational computing society, with over 500 college and university chapters worldwide. ACM publishes a popular student computing journal and hosts an international collegiate programming competition.
Valuable internship experiences and student employment opportunities
As a TWU student, you will have direct access to internships from all over the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, a location many are calling the site of the next big start-up scene and the second largest technology business center in the country.
In addition to internships, students will have the opportunity to work in direct support of the department as student employees. Possible positions include:
- tutor for the Math and Technology Success Center
- student assistant or grader for the department
- graduate student teaching assistant
Forbes magazine recently ranked the following math and computer science-related occupations in their list of the top 50 best jobs of 2019:
- Data scientist (#1 for the fourth year in a row)
- Development and information technology operations (DevOps) engineer
- Software engineer
- Security engineer
- Java developer
- Data analyst
- Applications engineer
- Systems engineer
- Software developer
Are you ready to take your first steps toward an in-demand and highly rewarding career?
Page last updated 11:57 AM, July 1, 2022