Complete your foundational courses and be on your way to applying to the bachelor’s in dental hygiene program under the Pre-Dental Hygiene curriculum at Texas Woman’s.
- Starting place to complete the prerequisite courses needed to earn a BS in Dental Hygiene at the Professional Entry-Level
- Completion in as little as 2 years, or 57 credit hours; degree completion in as little as 4 years, or 120 credit hours*
- High quality, affordable education and career preparation
- Classes offered on TWU’s Denton campus
*Individual requirements may vary. Requires second-level acceptance into the professional-entry program.
Why pre-dental hygiene at TWU?
Seamless transition to a BS in Dental Hygiene
Taking your core courses at TWU also ensures you have the prerequisites needed to apply to the BS in Dental Hygiene program.
A private school education at a public school price
Part of the Texas Woman’s experience is keeping costs low and education quality high:
- No. 2 in the state for adding value to student’s earning potential, according to The Economist Magazine
- 4th among all Texas public universities at keeping total college costs down, according to College for All Texans
For a breakdown of cost of attendance, check out our Tuition and Fees Estimator.
I have been working in general dentistry for several years. The passion I have for this career is all because of the TWU professors and clinical instructors who made my transition from student to professional so smooth.
As a full-time student, you can complete the 57 required semester credit hours in just two years with:
- 42 credit hours of Texas core curriculum, which can be transferred from previous programs or community colleges
- 15 credit hours of other prerequisite courses
You will complete these courses before applying to the Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene program. Because of competitive admissions in the bachelor’s program, we recommend you maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher in the Pre-Dental Hygiene curriculum.
A full list of courses and requirements are available in the course catalog.
Undergraduate admission to Texas Woman’s University is based on a number of criteria including academic achievement, academic preparation and standardized test scores. An offer of admission from TWU is valid for four terms, if the applicant has not attended another institution of higher education. If students do not attend TWU within four terms, they must reapply, pay the application fee, and submit the appropriate credentials. Applicants who would like to make changes to an application should contact the Office of Admissions Processing or complete the Application Change form. For specific undergraduate admission requirements, please refer to the links below.
- Application Process
- Freshman Student Admission
- Transfer Student Admission
- International Student Admission
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admission
- Student Orientation
- Academic Fresh Start
- Admission Appeal Process
- Credit By Examination, AP, CLEP, IB
- Health and Safety Requirements
For questions contact
Advisor, College of Health Sciences
Page last updated 4:30 PM, June 14, 2019