The 2021 StartHER Grant has closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
The Small Business Training Course begins Tuesday, November 9, 2021. This series is open to everyone.
Looking for help to start your own business? Want to expand an existing business and need resources to do so?
The CWE’s StartHER Grant Program helps women business owners—current or aspiring—to undertake new and innovative projects. A total of 25 business owners will be selected to each receive a $5,000 grant.
Please review the application process below & prepare the company background/project information/quotes in a pdf before applying.
- Revisions are not permitted following submission. Applications received after 5 p.m., Friday, October 22, 2021, will be automatically rejected.
- All required information and documentation must be uploaded (for example: proposals from a vendor, quotes or estimates, preliminary invoices, etc.). Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
- Learn how to combine multiple documents into one pdf here.
- Is your business at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or U.S. Permanent residents? Upload Documentation showing that your business is 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. (See Grant Guidelines and FAQ for what is required).
- Is/Will your business be located in Texas?
- Are you, your business or the business' owner involved in any pending or current litigation?
- Do you or any of your business partners have any felonies or convictions of a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust?
- If you own the premises where the business is located, are the property taxes on the property current?
- Is your business current on payroll taxes?
- Is your business current on sales tax?
- Are you (or any immediate family member) a faculty, staff, student, trustee, or advisory committee member at TWU?
- Have you or your business ever been awarded grant funding from the Center for Women Entrepreneurs?
- Name of applicant
- Address (please include city, state, & zip code)
- Name of Business
- Business address (please include city, state & zip code)
- Contact person
- Telephone Number (123-456-7890)
- Email Address (this is where you will receive all grant notifications)
- Nature of your Business
- Is your business a Sole Proprietorship/DBA, Partnership, Corporation (LLC Included), Not formed yet - will be using funding for startup costs
- Total project budget (must be at least $5,000)
- Company Background, Project Information, Narrative and documentation showing how funds will be spent including invoices, amazon picture with price, quotes, etc - upload a single pdf
Each question MUST be answered even if you put Not Applicable (N/A) on it. You can cut & paste this with your answers included on it.
- a brief narrative describing the company’s history
- a description of the company’s current operations including products, markets, etc.
- a description of the company’s current operating facilities – both owned and leased
- a summary of the company’s current full and part-time employment
- a description of the company’s need to undertake the proposed project
- A project narrative
- A budget for the project, including project costs and sources of funds
- Physical description of the proposed project, including any business or residential relocation which may result from the undertaking of the project
- Will this project result in new employment? If so, please describe what positions these would be.
- How will your project contribute to the economy of Texas?
I hereby attest that all of the requested information that I have provided is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in the "StartHER Grant" guidelines document. Please sign and date.
Tracy Irby, Director
Page last updated 9:51 AM, November 5, 2021