Advisor Professional Development
The Advising Enrichment Committee (AEC) is an advisor-led professional development planning committee of full-time professional staff advisors at Texas Woman’s University. The committee is composed of undergraduate and graduate academic advisors who are responsible for promoting a culture of advisor development and professionalization.
The primary function of the AEC is to plan information sessions, workshops and training activities for the academic advising community.
Previous topics have included:
- Probation and suspension
- Study Abroad / International Students
- Advisor self-care
The AEC also coordinates the annual summer orientation training and advisor workshop in May. This day-long event provides departmental updates from campus partners from across the university to prepare advisors for summer orientation, while the afternoon workshop involves small group discussions about popular advising topics between new and experienced academic advisors.
2023–2024 Advising Enrichment Committee
- Kim Taylor (Chair) – Asst. Director of Academic Advising, University Academic Advising, Pioneer Center for Student Excellence
- Cindy Englehart – Senior Advisor and Retention Coordinator, School of Library and Information Studies, College of Professional Education
- Molly Koerner – Academic Advisor, College of Business
- Dennise Mendez – Program Director and Academic Advisor, School of Health Promotion and Kinesiology, College of Health Sciences
- Lyssia Provencio – Academic Advisor, College of Arts & Sciences
- John Thompson – Senior Advisor and Retention Coordinator, University Academic Advising, Pioneer Center for Student Excellence
Page last updated 4:42 PM, September 22, 2023