The Pioneer Center for Student Excellence advises Nurse Entry (Pre-Nursing) students as they complete their prerequisites and prepare to apply to the upper division nursing program at the Dallas or Houston campus. Students who are admitted to TWU on the Nursing Entry program are NOT automatically admitted into the Traditional BSN track.
All TWU students who are interested in graduating with a BSN from TWU must complete the requirements for admission to the upper division. Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor each semester. Students with less than 30 credit hours or who are in their first year of college are required to meet with an academic advisor.
Acceptance as a Nursing Entry or Pre-Nursing student to TWU does NOT guarantee admission as a Nursing major in the College of Nursing.
The admission standards for a Nursing major are more rigorous than the general admission criteria for TWU and pre-nursing.
- Traditional BSN - Denton Campus (prerequisites); Dallas Center or Houston Center
- BSN Weekend/Evening Program - Denton Campus (prerequisites); Dallas Center
- RN-BSN - Online (must already have RN license)
* To learn about the different programs click on the Admission for Pre-Licensure/Non-Nurses dropdown section on the website above.
When am I ready to apply to the program?
Students are eligible to apply after they have successfully completed (and transferred, if applicable) 46 hours of your prerequisites, including the following nursing prerequisite courses:
- Developmental Psychology (Lifespan)
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Elementary Statistics I
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II
All sciences must have labs and be graded “C” or higher (and be completed) by the application due date.
The TWU College of Nursing, BSN in Nursing Packet provides a list of common four-year Texas Public College Transfer Equivalencies. If you are transferring credit from out of state or a private institution, you may be required to submit a syllabus to earn course credit after you are admitted.
Other helpful sites:
- TWU BSN in Nursing (several resources, including common transfer course equivalency charts): https://twu.edu/nursing/undergraduate-programs/bachelor-of-science-in-nursing-bsn/
- ATI TEAS (study materials and exam registration): https://www.atitesting.com/
- Undergraduate Catalog (course descriptions, degree requirements, academic policies, minors, etc.): https://catalog.twu.edu/undergraduate/
- Academic Calendars (registration dates, drop & payment deadlines, finals, etc.): https://twu.edu/registrar/academic-calendars/
Page last updated 10:04 AM, October 12, 2023