You’re a transfer student at TWU if you have attempted 12 or more transferable semester credit hours of college-level credit at another college or university but who have not received a bachelor’s degree.
These 12 hours of transferable semester credit will not include developmental, vocational or technical coursework.
How to apply to TWU
Transfer students applying to TWU will not be able to select Nursing as their major on the ApplyTexas Transfer application because the College of Nursing has a separate application students must fill out once they are eligible to apply to the Nursing program. Transfer students interested in the Traditional BSN track should select Nursing Entry (BS) or Pre-Nursing on the ApplyTexas application.
Please contact TWU Admissions for more information on how to apply to the university.
Acceptance as a Nursing Entry or Pre-Nursing student to TWU does NOT guarantee admission as a Nursing major in the College of Nursing.
Important information about courses
Transfer credit is awarded for transferable courses that are completed with a grade of “D” or better. Nursing programs are competitive, so we advise all applicants to earn as high a grade as possible in all coursework, including transfer coursework. A grade of “C” or better is required for all nursing prerequisite courses and if you are using a grade of “C” for your application, we advise transfer students to consult with a Pre-Nursing advisor before applying.
Prospective students should contact an Admissions Counselor in the Office of Admissions at 940-898-3188 or schedule an appointment. Pre-Nursing is unable to assess transfer coursework that has not been evaluated by the Office of Admissions Processing.
Eligibility requirements for applying to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
Applications are only eligible once the following criteria have been met:
- Be a current TWU student
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA on nursing prerequisites
- Complete ALL nursing prerequisites
- Complete at least 21 credit hours of Texas core
- Take the TEAS entrance exam and score a 64+ on all four sections
- Submit your NursingCAS application
- August 15th deadline for Spring cohort
- February 1st deadline for Fall cohort
Pre-Nursing academic advisors work with current transfer students to make sure they meet the eligibility requirements before applying to the upper division program.
Need more information?
- All questions regarding the TEAS will need to go through ATI Testing.
- All questions regarding NursingCAS will need to go through NursingCAS.org at https://nursingcas.org/need-help/.
- All questions regarding the background check or immunizations will need to go through the College of Nursing at email@example.com.
- For more information regarding the application process, deadlines, tutorials, and guides please visit the College of Nursing’s website, https://twu.edu/nursing/apply-bsn-or-rn-bsn/.
- Currently licensed nurses should review the RN-BSN Program.
- For information regarding graduate programs, look into our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs.
Page last updated 9:40 AM, December 18, 2023