Social media should be fun—and it’s everyone’s job to keep it that way. To maintain a fun, safe and engaging experience for all on TWU’s social media platforms, TWU asks that our followers and fans abide by the following rules and guidelines. These guidelines cover TWU’s official social media accounts.
For the purposes of this document, “we,” “our” ad “us” refers “Texas Woman’s University” and it’s official social media accounts and “you” or refers to individual social media users, including our fans and followers.
Questions? Please send us a direct message through any of our social media outlets or email us at email@example.com.
Treat others with respect
- Posts, comments, images, videos and other content should be respectful to others.
- Content that is illegal or unlawful, advocates illegal activity or is perceived as a threat to the wellbeing of an individual(s) will be reported to law enforcement or others as necessary.
- Personal attacks, derogatory comments directed at individuals, including TWU students, faculty, staff or alumni and the general public are not permitted.
- Posts and comments that include a social security number, a driver’s license number or other information that is confidential/protected/private by law or regular are not permitted.
- Posts and comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic or sexually explicit or otherwise discriminatory, threatening or harassing are not permitted.
- Posts and comments with inappropriate language, including profanity, abusive language or obscene remarks are not permitted.
- Users should not intentionally post information that is obviously false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Do not ask about the status of current or past TWU students. This information is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and will not be shared.
- Any of the above content that is not permitted will be deleted by TWU administrators without prior notification.
- Comments should contribute to and remain relevant to the post/page to which the comment is directed.
- Posts that solicit, advertise, endorse or promote a product or service for commercial purposes or personal gain and have no direct connection to TWU or would not be of interest to the general TWU community will be removed.
- Posts or comments that are repetitive in nature will be hidden or deleted.
- Posts that are endorsements or oppositions of any person or party campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposal.
Follow the rules
- In addition, TWU faculty, staff and students managing or posting to social accounts must adhere to all appropriate university and social media site policies as well as the University’s technology use policy.
- The TWU Student Handbook identifies policies and procedures governing student rights and responsibilities and provides a variety of information and resources. The handbook is available online via the TWU Office of Civility and Community Standards' webpage.
- TWU employees agree to abide by all the policies and procedures contained in the TWU Staff Handbook. If an employee has any questions about the Staff Handbook, or about other issues regarding employment, the employee should consult with their supervisor or the Office of Human Resources.
- Individuals who violate the university’s social media platforms on any particular social media page will be restricted, banned or blocked from that page.
- Page administrators reserve the right to remove or hide posts/comments that violate the university’s social media guidelines.
- Followers, fans and social media users are solely responsible for the content they post. Although TWU may remove inappropriate material and restrict, ban or block certain individuals, we are not obligated to do so.
- TWU does not regularly monitor the fans and followers on our social media pages or those of our students, faculty, staff or university divisions. Please keep this in mind while engaging with us online, either publicly or privately and when accepting friends or follow requests on your personal accounts.
- Students, faculty and staff may want to consider adjusting the privacy settings on their personal page.
- Crimes, illegal activity and behavior that poses or is perceived to pose an imminent threat or risk of harm to anyone must be reported immediately to 911, your local emergency line/law enforcement, or the TWU Department of Public Safety at 940-898-2911 (for the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses). The TWU police dispatcher will contact the appropriate agencies to deal with the incident. If you have general, non-threatening, concerns about users who follow our page, feel free to inform us. You can also report a non-threatening student in distress via the university’s Behavioral Intervention Team.
Our role/ensure proper usage rights
- By posting, commenting, tagging us or otherwise engaging with TWU accounts, you, the user, are giving us your implied unlimited permission to republish, refer to, and otherwise use or re-use your words and other posted content in any format or medium at any time and agree to creative commons, fair use and other use of public domain.
- By posting to our community, you are verifying that the content you are posting does not infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property rights or violate any copyrights or trademarks.
- By posting on our page, you are attesting that you have the right to use the posted content, including songs, graphics, photos, videos or other content, with the necessary permission from the necessary parties.
- Do not use TWU’s name, marks or university logo without official consent to imply official endorsement or impersonate the university, or to benefit yourself financially. TWU has the right to defend its brand against these violations. Logos and marks may not be used in any way that would constitute endorsement, approval or underwriting of any corporation, product, activity, service or contract by TWU. To learn more, visit TWU’s licensing and trademark website.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any time.
Page last updated 3:17 PM, August 3, 2020