About the Center
The Student Money Management Center, a part of the Division of Finance and Administration, opened in August 2021 on the Denton campus. There is also a Maroon Money Mentor based on the Houston campus. The Center provides financial education programs and services to help students learn money management skills they can use now and in the future. Given TWU’s diverse student body, including many financially vulnerable student populations, and the goals established by the State of Texas to reduce student loan debt, we are particularly mindful of educating students on how to responsibly finance their education. Through research, assessment, and collaboration with other departments on campus, we want to be part of the solution where students can successfully navigate financial barriers and be academically successful.
To help students make informed financial decisions while becoming fiscally responsible graduates
We want our students to graduate with responsible levels of student debt, a lower risk of default, and the skills to financially thrive.
- Improve student understanding and management of debt as it relates to paying for their education
- Help students understand key personal finance topics
- Gain institutional insight into the financial issues that threaten our students' paths toward graduation
- Identify barriers that cause student financial stress and work to find solutions
- Reduce student debt levels
- Reduce loan default levels
Page last updated 9:12 AM, October 15, 2021