The Scholar Programs Office supports students admitted to the university under the Terry Scholarship Programs and the McDavid Scholars Program. In these programs, students will connect with a community of peers who share similar goals to succeed academically and strengthen their leadership skills through a variety of unique programs.
Notable accomplishments of students in these programs include
- Texas Woman's University student regents (2016-2017, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019)
- Student Government Association president (2018-2019 and 2020-2021)
- Student organization charter members and leaders
- Orientation leaders
- Peer Advisors and Resident Assistants
Students admitted to these programs have demonstrated leadership in their high school/previous college or community, and high academic achievement.
The Terry Scholarship at TWU is one of 13-Terry affiliated Terry Scholarship Programs. The partnership with the Terry Foundation began in 2013.
- First-time entering freshman student
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Financial need
- Scholarship awards vary per student- up to the full cost of attendance; renewable for up to four years
- View additional Terry Traditional Scholarship requirements
Page last updated 10:45 AM, May 12, 2022