On August 8, 2020, both the Center for Disease Control and U.S. Department of State adjusted their respective travel notifications. Each agency has effectively transitioned away from issuing a global travel notification, and has now returned to individual country risk assessments. At this time, TWU is still restricting all non-essential university travel - both domestic and international - until further notice.
Education Abroad is continuing to support the TWU community in planning for education abroad activities. However, the timeline in which travel can resume is uncertain. It is the responsibility of each traveler to be keenly aware of refund policies to any organizations supporting future travel plans, including, but not limited to, hotels/hostels, airlines, and education abroad program providers. Email email@example.com if you need further clarification or guidance.
Students in good standing with the Terry Foundation may request an additional stipend of $5,000 towards a study abroad experience. All requests must be submitted to the Terry Foundation for stipend approval. A variety of study abroad experiences are hosted through the Texas Woman's University Education Abroad office, including faculty-led, affiliated provider and Harlaxton programs.
In recent years, students have studied in Costa Rica, Greece, Hungary, England, Ireland and Spain.
- Students should begin planning their study abroad experience 6-9 months in advance
- Meet with your Terry Campus Coordinator to discuss your initial plans
- Credit must be earned through course enrollment
- Students can participate in internships abroad
- Terry Scholars can submit the study abroad request to the Terry Foundation after acceptance to an Education Abroad program and submitting the Education Abroad Course Credit Pre-Approval form has been submitted and approved
- Refer to the Terry Scholar Handbook for specific eligibility and study abroad requirements
Page last updated 8:23 AM, September 10, 2020