Frequently Asked Questions
General Orientation Information
- Am I required to attend Orientation?
- First-Year Orientation is required for all first year students as well as students who are transferring in less than 12 hours (excluding dual credit). Please note that for the purposes of this program dual credits do not count towards being exempt from attending First-Year Orientation.
- What is Orientation?
- Orientation sessions provide valuable student services and academic information critical for success and a strong first semester. Orientation covers degree planning, academic concerns, student support programs, housing and food services, commuter information, and more.
- Who can attend Orientation?
- Any student that has been accepted to the University for the Fall 2020 semester and any guests that the student wishes to invite.
- When is Orientation?
- Orientation will take place online from Mid-May until August.
- When can I register for orientation? Do I have to wait until I’ve been accepted to TWU?
- You must be accepted to TWU to register for orientation.
- Do I need to complete Online Orientation before I register for classes?
- Yes. After you complete the Online Orientation, you will be transitioned to academic advising to register for classes.
- Is there a separate orientation for parents or transfer students?
- We will be offering information for parents and transfer orientation. Please check the website for updates.
- What do I need to do before I attend the Online Orientation?
- You will need to register for Orientation and login to Pioneer Portal to accept all payment terms and other terms and conditions that are needed prior to you registering for classes.
- How will I know that I am registered for orientation?
- Once you register online you will receive a confirmation email to your TWU email account.
- What if I want to start classes in the summer at TWU?
- If you are a First-Year student (transferring less than 12 non-dual credit hours) and want to start attending TWU this summer, you must first contact the Orientation Office. We will assess your plan to attend classes and provide you your next steps. You must still attend a First-Year Orientation to register for courses for the fall semester. Only after you attend and complete your First-Year Orientation will the registration hold on your account be remove
Orientation Payment Information
- What is the fee to attend Orientation?
- The First-Year Student Orientation Fee is $200.
- What does this fee include?
- The student fee includes but is not limited to, meals, materials, t-shirt, Pioneer Camp, Maroon Madness and ongoing First-Year programming.
- How do I pay the Orientation fee?
- First-Year Students will pay their fee when they make their first tuition payment.
- Is there a waiver for the orientation fee if I cannot afford it?
- No, there is not a waiver.
- If you receive financial aid, scholarships, or other financial assistance funds, these may be used to cover the cost. If you do not get enough or do not receive these financial resources, the fee will be part of your out-of-pocket expenses.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- All cancellations must be requested in an email to the Orientation team.
- If I attended orientation, but then decide not to attend TWU, is my orientation fee refundable?
- No, all fees, charged at the time of orientation check-in, are all-inclusive and non-refundable
Page last updated 4:29 PM, April 21, 2020