Clinical Student Teaching and Internships
Clinical student teaching and internship is the capstone experience for initial certification candidates.
Spring 2023 placement applications accepted 8 a.m., Sept. 1, 2022 through Sept. 23, 2022, 11:55 p.m. CST
- Deadline to pass all state exams for Spring 2023 clinical student teaching is Dec. 1, 2022. Please check Pearson’s Score Reporting Dates for state exam planning purposes.
The below option is for MAT/PBITC candidates only.
Education Aide Exemption
Limited funding for the College for all Texans Educational Aide Exemption (EAE) Program is available for eligible teacher candidates pursuing high-need certification areas and who are working full-time as an Educational Aide in a Texas public school district. Eligibility does not guarantee selection for this award. If selected for this award, candidates will be exempt from student teaching and the payment of tuition and certain fees the semester prior to student teaching. Eligibility requirements include:
- TWU Educator Preparation Program EAE Application
- Current College for All Texans EAE Application filed with TWU's Financial Aid Office
- 3.0 grade point average or higher
- All other degree requirements met and a minimum of 120 credit hours successfully completed on degree plan in order to graduate
- All practice and state certification exams passed
- 2 letters of recommendation; one from the campus principal; one from a campus colleague who is not a direct supervisor.
- 250 word statement as to how the EAE will support your professional development
How to Apply
- Have your Free Application for Federal Student Aid or Texas Application for State Financial Aid completed and submitted in a non-rejected status as early as possible after October 1 annually.
- Check the College for All Texans website for deadlines, requirements, and the application.
Fall 2022 Professional Learning Seminars
Aug. 31, 2022 – 4-6 p.m.
Sept. 21, 2022 – 4-6 p.m.
Oct. 19, 2022 – 4-6 p.m.
Nov. 9, 2022 – 4-6 p.m.
Nov. 30, 2022 – 4-6 p.m.
Fall 2022 Important Dates
- Graduation Application Deadline: Sept. 14, 2022 - 5 p.m.
- TWU/UNT Education Career Day: Nov. 1, 2022, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (location TBD)
Cooperating Teacher/Mentor Teacher and University Supervisor Resources
Contact Judy Franz at email@example.com.
Page last updated 8:53 AM, November 11, 2022