Early Field Experience Information
High quality, diverse field experiences are an integral part of the Educator Preparation Program and allow candidates to apply concepts and theories in practical settings.
At TWU, initial and professional certification candidates complete field experiences and practicums in a variety of settings during their program of study. They can include not only observations, but there are also opportunities for candidates to practice working with students in small and large group settings as appropriate.
Fall 2021 Early Field Experiences
The availability and mode of field experiences are determined by the individual districts. The Office of Clinical Practices (OCP) will update this information prior to the beginning of each semester. For the Educator Preparation Program only candidates: Candidates enrolled in professional certification and EDUC 4113/4243/5133/5143 will be the only candidates placed in school districts for the Fall 21 semester.
- Denton ISD is not accepting requests for Fall 2021, unless the student is employed in Denton ISD, a TeachDenton participant, or in a professional certification program.
- Other school districts not accepting requests for Fall 2021 include:
- Allen ISD
- Argyle ISD
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD
- Dallas ISD
- Grand Prairie ISD
- Plano ISD
- Richardson ISD
General Information for Early Field Experiences
- All field experience requests are due to the OCP office by August 25th of the fall semester.
- Candidates must successfully complete all district requirements for application and background checks before their early field experience request will be considered by the district.
- Candidates are advised that it will be at least two-three weeks for the district to process the early field experience applications and background checks upon receipt.
- Instructors observing candidates on a district campus may be required to sign in and present a driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Candidates are not eligible to report to any campus until instructors have been notified of eligibility by OCP.
- The OCP office will communicate with school district personnel on behalf of COPE and The Educator Preparation Program regarding any aspect of the early field experience process.
- Direct all early field experience questions to the OCP office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign in to your Office 365 Education account with your TWU email address and password if prompted.
Page last updated 11:56 AM, September 7, 2021