MBA – Human Resource Management
In as little as 15 months and for around $20,000, you can have your MBA and be ready for the next step in your career. 100% online. No GMAT or GRE required.
Prepare to pursue certification as a human resources professional through the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) or Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
MBA - Human Resource Management program features
- Learn how to manage your most important asset—your employees
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Accelerated 7-week online class format
- 100% online (international students cannot apply for this program)
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Degree completion in as little as 15 months or 36 credit hours*
*Individual requirements may add up to 9 credit hours of program prerequisites
Accredited and highly ranked
The College of Business is now accredited from AACSB International
—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), considered the world’s leading association of business schools. Less than 6% of business schools worldwide have earned this distinction.
Texas Woman’s also ranks 6th (tied) among U.S. universities for diversity, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Courses relevant to today's business
At TWU, we ensure what you learn is current through our affiliation with the Society for Human Resources Management, which has 300,000 members worldwide. The MBA - HR Management degree aligns with the SHRM Human Resources Curriculum guidelines. Plus, TWU has an active student SHRM chapter sponsored by North Texas SHRM.
HR networking opportunities
Our students build their resumes and their networks with opportunities provided through the local HR professional chapter of North Texas SHRM, which offers scholarships, conferences and mentoring opportunities throughout the North Texas area.
TWU does more to build women leaders
Only 5.4 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, and only 25 percent of senior managers and executives within those companies are women. TWU is working to help change that.
More than 70 percent of our faculty and staff across the university are women. While COB faculty prepare you to tackle the male-dominated world of business, our outreach staff work closely with employers to bring networking and employment opportunities to campus.
For our budding entrepreneurs, TWU’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs is the state’s only university center dedicated to women’s entrepreneurship and business ownership. The Center provides tools for you to succeed including access to training/coaching, funding, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Tailored career planning
The Career Connections Center provides advising services and tailored career planning, including networking and salary negotiations. Fast-track your job search using the Career's Handshake, a unique resume reviewing and job opening database that works to fast-track your job search.
The College of Business takes it one step further with a team of Outreach and External Relations staff that work with the Career Connections Center to keep our business students in-the-know on employment opportunities and networking events.
Careers & salaries*
With this degree, you will have career opportunities including:
- Human Resource Manager: $113,300 per year
- Training and Development Manager: $111,340 per year
- Top Executive: $104,980 per year
- Administrative Service Manager: $96,180 per year
*Median salaries, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Admission to the Master of Business Administration
Pushkala Raman, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director
The College of Business admits students on a continual basis. Please contact the College for more information.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For applicants who have completed post-baccalaureate or graduate coursework, a GPA of at least 3.0 for such coursework is also required.
- Applicants with a GPA of at least 2.50 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework may be considered for provisional admission.
- Prerequisite coursework will be required of some applicants based on their desired course of study and previous academic and/or professional record.
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the current tools of Business: Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access). Admitted applicants that need to enhance their proficiency in any of these areas will have free tutorials available via Lynda.com.
- No GRE/GMAT required.
How to Apply
*All students enrolling for Summer or Fall 2023 will continue with the ApplyTexas application and will need to submit any required documents for M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education to email@example.com . .
Effective February 1, 2023: Students applying for Spring 2024 and beyond in the following programs will use the New Graduate Application Portal - M.B.A., M.H.A., M.S. in Child Life, M.S. in Child Development, and Ph.D. in Child Development and Early Education. Please contact the Office of Admission with any questions at 940-898-3188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Admissions Requirements for the program for which you are applying.
- Review the Admission to the Graduate School information in the Graduate Catalog.
- Create an account and apply for admission via the New Graduate Application Portal. In the application process, you will be asked to provide any supplemental documentation identified in the Admissions Requirements referred to above.
- Submit any required official test scores and transcripts.
- International students should visit the International Affairs webpage for additional information and requirements.
For more information on graduate admissions or to contact an admissions official, visit twu.edu/admissions/graduate-admission/.
Students who wish to apply for a Graduate Assistantship must meet the General Criteria for Appointment of Graduate Assistants.
For more information
Pushkala Raman, PhD
Graduate Program Director
Page last updated 3:13 PM, May 2, 2023