Improve literacy and learning in your district by partnering with TWU's Literacy and Learning. We offer customized programs to meet district needs.
Our partnership programs focus on master’s level coursework with direct application to classroom assessment and instruction and supporting children and families in the home and community settings.
We include programs in early childhood education, multicultural and multilingual studies, reading education and early literacy intervention.
Why partner with us?
With high passing rates on state certification exams and high marks from schools and other organizations that employ our graduates, TWU programs have built a reputation for producing extraordinary educators making a difference in schools in Texas and throughout the world.
Our programs reflect this focus on excellence and student-centered preparation.
- Programs are designed with TWU's high quality and provides convenience and collegiality
- Classes integrate the latest research for teaching students
- Experienced educators teach classes, incorporating practicum experiences to support theory to practice connections
- Depending on your program of interest, classes are taught in a variety of formats that include:
- Accelerated, 7-week rotation with 100% online synchronous sessions (M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education)
- HyFlex, with students meeting both online and face-to-face in synchronous sessions (M.A. in Multilingual and Multicultural Studies)
- Blended Hybrid, 60% online and 40% campus-based (M.Ed. in Reading)
A cohort of 15-20 teachers or professionals committed to increasing their knowledge and expertise in one of these areas:
- PreK-3 early childhood education (Early Childhood Education)
- Early childhood - adults (Multilingual and Multicultural Studies)
- K-12 literacy learning (Reading Education)
For more information about Reading Recovery and Descubriendo la Lecutra, contact Lilia Bynum at email@example.com.
I was looking to grow reflective and knowledgeable teachers for our most struggling students. TWU listened to my needs. They customized a program for Arlington ISD, exceeding what I had imagined possible. Teachers and students are learning and growing beautifully as a result of this partnership. Krista McCown, State and Federal Programs Coordinator, Arlington ISD
Page last updated 3:07 PM, May 23, 2022