Bachelor's (BS) in Early Childhood Education
Earn a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education at Texas Woman's University in just 120 coursework hours. Choose your focus and enjoy convenient 7-week and 15-week courses as you prepare to impact children's education in prekindergarten through third grade.
BS in Early Childhood Education Program Features
- Focus your degree in special education or English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Hyflex courses include synchronous and asynchronous, face-to-face and online*
- Convenient 7-week and 15-week courses
- Embedded field experiences
- 40 hours of embedded field experience
* Hyflex courses allow students to attend courses a variety of ways to help best meet their needs. Designed as a face-to-face format on the Denton campus in a Hyflex room, there are opportunities to Zoom in to the course as needed and opportunities to complete coursework online.
Literacy and Learning has internationally recognized early literacy faculty in our department, as well as faculty who are scholars and experienced teachers in early childhood education.
When you apply to TWU, we will evaluate your academic achievement and preparation, as well as your standardized test scores. Admission to TWU is valid for four terms, unless you have attended another higher education institution.
Check out the links below for specific admissions information:
- How to apply
- Freshman Student Admissions
- Transfer Student Admissions
- International Student Admissions
- Other Types of Undergraduate Admissions
Questions about the admissions process? Contact the Office of Admissions Processing.
Sharla Snider, PhD
Department Chair and Professor
- National Association for the Education of Young Children’s Advanced Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation Programs (NAEYC Advanced Standards)
- Texas Association of the Education of the Young Child (TAEYC)
- Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA)
- Association for Childhood Education International
Pending approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Page last updated 11:33 AM, June 27, 2022