Pioneer Service Scholars
The Pioneer Service Scholars are students who have demonstrated their commitment to community service and to addressing social problems, but are sometimes unable to do unpaid community service work due to financial constraints. In addition, these are students who want to develop their community leadership skills while at Texas Woman’s University. Funding provided by Jane Nelson Institute for Women's Leadership.
Approximately, fifty (50) Pioneer Service Scholars will be selected per year who will receive a stipend of $500 per fall/spring semester. Pioneer Service Scholars may also just be selected for a single semester. The semester stipend is credited at the end of the semester following the completion of program requirements for that term.
Join this illustrious group of service minded students today!
Fall 2022 Pioneer Service Scholar applications are open from June 27 - August 15, 2022. Apply through the form on Pioneer Engage.
For any questions, contact Delaney Farris-Dyer.
- Engage in social and civic responsibility
- Promote intellectual growth
- Increase an appreciation of diversity
- Encourage a collaborative skillset
- Eligibility is assessed each semester
- Enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours to be eligible in the Fall & Spring semesters and 6 hours during the Summer semester
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university
- Have a minimum semester GPA of 2.25
- Approval through Financial Aid. Pell Grant eligibility is preferred, but not required.
- Students must be classified by the institution as a Texas resident and be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- A minimum of 30 hours of service each semester
- Students new to the program will attend a Volunteer Advising appointment
- Attend a program Orientation at the beginning of the semester
- Participate in monthly group reflections
- Submit all service hours through Pioneer Engage
- Complete pre-survey & post-survey assessments of the program
Page last updated 8:04 AM, June 30, 2022