The Big Event is a campus-wide service event where you and your peers get to know your community through service. We have several service sites excited to welcome TWU students! Please complete the Big Event sign-up form by March 12th. Each individual must complete the form separately.
When: April 1st, 9am - 12pm
Where: On-campus, off-campus, and virtually
Check-in: Check-in is from 8 am - 8:45 am. Service starts at 9 am. Location varies depending on how you participate (on campus, off campus, or virtually) on this day.
- Further details will be provided via email by your site leader one week prior to the event for your specific instructions.
- On-Campus service participants will check in at the TWU Amphitheater, Off-Campus service participants will check in at their assigned service site, and Virtual participants will check-in online
- All volunteers must download your event pass ahead of time from Pioneer Engage to check-in.
Service Site: Various locations on and off-campus! We also have virtual options you can select when you complete the sign-up form.
- You will receive specific instructions from your site leader one week before the event.
- Be prepared to complete waivers!
- Service sites will end at various times between 11 am to 1 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
- Wear clothing you don’t mind getting dirty and closed toe shoes
What should I bring with me?
- You’ll need your event pass pulled up on your phone to check-in. If you don’t have a smartphone, please bring your student ID. Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. You’ll likely be outdoors, so prepare accordingly.
Page last updated 12:47 PM, February 5, 2024